Abby decided to pretend after noticing that neither of her parents wore a rune and that they did not live in an institute. She was observing the house in which she was. Everything was brighter. It was the same house as in her reality, but it was more beautiful, bigger and more luxurious. She saw in a corner of the kitchen that there was a painting of her mother. This one was signed "Jocelyn Morgenstern". She forgot all the time that her mother was married to Valentine. She ate quietly. On the small TV that was on the worktop was an advertisement that her mother thought was funny. We could see Lucian Graymark explaining how he became a librarian. She got lost and forgot where she came from. The commercial continued with Hodge Starkweather, who had become a judo teacher. This ad was intended to encourage people to consult the cartomancer Magnus Bane. Upon hearing his name, Abby dropped her fork, which brought her back to reality. She apologized to her parents and left.
"Clary wait, you haven't even finished your plate," her mother said without understanding what was happening.
Arriving downstairs from her house, Abby realized that her mother had called her Clary. So, she searched in her phone book for her sister's number and, rather of herself, nothing. Maybe they had quarreled, so she went to see on Instagram, no Abbigael Fray, Fairchild or Morgenstern. Just to make sure that there was only one of the two in this world, she went to Simon and the others. They were in a small park. Simon came to join her and took her in his arms, as usual. Abbigael pushed him to be in the shadow, which Simon did not understand. "You, you need a coffee, come on, I'll buy you one."At the table were Isabelle and Alec, also different. Alec talked a lot, he was very smiling with everyone. Isabelle was more discreet, she had glasses and a Star Wars T-shirt. Abby was sure that Izzi of her dimension should not know. She also seemed very stressed by this party that took place that evening at the institute, a party based on an invention of her father. Jace was serving him coffees and other things to eat from the park. Simon arrived with everyone's coffees, followed by Jace who took Abby by the hand and took her away from the others. "I missed you."Then he kissed her. She got lost again. This Jace kissed more gently, while her Jace, her Jace, kissed as if it were the last time if he was going or had lost her, more passionately. After several kisses that had begun to descend into the neck, she woke up. It was getting harder and harder not to get lost. This dimension was almost perfect. All she was missing was her sister. Abby ran off and left Jace and the others behind, and managed to find a meeting with Magnus Bane.
Luke decided to take Simon and Clary back to the Airport. They hadn't let go of each other since the morning, were discussing everything and nothing. It was simple discussions without a headache, like in the old days. They had missed being normal. Behind them was the policeman who had arrested Abby and Luke more than a week ago. "Don't move, Luke Garrouway," Luke sighed and turned gently, putting his hands in the air. Simon and Clary also turned to face him. He had his gun pointed at Luke. Clary did what she could to explain to the police that if Luke had been absent, it was because of her. Simon had ended up losing control and using his vampiric speed to knock him out. The policeman was lying on the ground when suddenly an idea came to Luke's mind. The three went to an old and empty warehouse, placed the policeman on a chair and tied him to it.
"Are you sure you want to do this, Simon?"Simon affirmed that he agreed. For once, he felt useful and not sidelined. Luke gave Simon a blood pump, then he and Clary left. Luke dropped Clary off at the restaurant and asked a wolf, Maia, to watch over her for up to two hours. She was new to the pack, she had been transformed a few months ago. Luke returned to the warehouse, a gun in his hand and his sheriff's license plate.
"I am the vampire of the demonic murders, and I am going there now to take some of your blood."Simon had taken great pleasure in taking on a big movie villain voice. Luke cut him off and shot him four times, and Simon fell to the ground. The policeman hastened to put him in a body bag and take him back to the lab at the police center, with Luke and Alaric who had just been called. When the policeman finally left, Simon got out of the bag, with a smile on his lips and four holes in his T-shirt from the shot.