CHAPTER 10

Isabelle had finished explain the plan of the evening to Clary, and decided to go arm herself and having a talk with her big brother, she knew that he was not in agreement with this plan, that it would necessarily be a waste of time. He was at the table preparing his bow, the necklace laying in front of him. Izzi started the conversation, and wanted to understand why his brother was so edgy lately.

-We have no reason to trust this two daughters, there are strangers, Valentins daughters coming back at the same time its weird no.

-A little yes, but we can also say that Valentine lost a lot of his troops and sources and that he had to re-equip and recreate a plan to win this time. Listen, that you and Abby have more trouble hearing each other I understand, you are as stubborn as each other and even if you do not see it you have the same values, and defended them both without giving up. But is it really the fact that shes new or Valentines daughter that bothering you or is it the way Jace looks at her.

-Why would it have anything to do, Jace is not the center of my life. Alec had straightened out he was more confident in saying that. At the end he raised his voice.

"You feel better," asked Izzi, smiling.

-No, Izzi looked her right in the eye, that look that proud sister or best friends share when they know the truth, well maybe a little better.

They went to wait for the others in front of the entrance, Clary arrived she did not know how to stand she always put on her dress did not place, always made sure that her weapons were always there.

Abby and Jace were ready at the entrance with Alec wearing a little blue jeans shirt

"Thats his definition of a well-dressed party full of downloader" thought Abbigael. They all left on the way, the party was in the same place where Jace had taken Clary, except that there were a lot fewer vampires, and less èéace to move. Clary always tried to touch Izzi to avoid getting lost. There was a lot of light everywhere, people dancing they didnt have much room to walk. It smelled like perspiration with an unpleasant mixture of deodorant and perfume all three together made you want to vomit. Alec went in the direction of stairs that went up on a small balcony on which he could see everything and reach everything with his arrows. Izzi took Clary by the hand and took her dancing on the track, Clary did not know what to do, She didnt move she thought that next to a girl like Isabelle people wouldnt notice her.

Isabelle noticed Clarys discomfort and approached her to be able to whisper "Dance, no one is looking at you" Clary shuddered when she heard her words they were so close to each other she could feel Izzi breathing in her neck.

Jace and Abbigaël went to Magnus Bane to have a conversation. Magnus saw Jace first he got up to leave before he saw that Abby was there too. Jace explained to Magnus that they wanted with good reasons to find their memories, Magnus in his great attitude ignored Jace and offered Abby a shelter on for her and her sister until the war passes, they would be safer with him. Abby took a deep breath, this offer, she knows that she should have accepted it, since they had learned that Valentine was their father Magnus had been the only one to ignore it. She wanted to say yes, "we follow you", she trusted him, she unconsciously remembered him, like a brother figure. But she decided to help the shadowhutners who had welcomed her to defeat Valentine after finding her mother, at that time Jace decided to show the gift they have in exchange for using it. Jace allowed Magnus to take it in hand after a hesitation, he needed to know if it was the famous necklace. At the same time, an arrow crossed the room and pointed into the torso of another shadowhunter, a member of the circle. Magnus looked up to see who his savior was, a big black haired blue eye, Alec, he looked so much like William. He stood straight, secured the exits in, and rejoined Clary and her sister. Magnus turned his eyes to open a portal, Abby was fascinated by the dark blue mud that came out of his hands, she grabbed his hand to try to hold him back, he left after having once again offered to come with him. They went out, Jace and Alec were fighting over, Abby was wondering what Parabatai meant and since when they were, she knew that best friends were fighting, she just didnt want to be the reason. When they finished fighting, Jace realized that Abby had one of Magnus' many rings in her hand, and he took it. Alec and Jace put each others hands in front of each other, a metal spanner formed around their hands. Isabelle explained to the twins that they were using their parabatai link to track down Magnus, and that this was why the Clave needed more parabatai because they are stronger together.