she pulled her white zip-zup sweater over her braids and out the headphones back in her ears. the lightskin was on her third homework assignment but heard the library door sound open and darrian emerged from the door.

darrian looked around the room until his brown eyes fell on celeste's figure. he smiled at her before walking to her.

darrian wrapped his arms around her neck, putting his chin on her head. "hi mama." he mumbled making celeste smile softly at the nickname.

he sat next to her playing with her hands, "where did you go during math?" he said softly since they were in the library.

celeste kissed her teeth from the thought of haven, "had to show this girl around the school. she was fake mean." darrian smiled at the way she openly talked to him now, she had also picked up his lingo.

darrian then let out a laugh, "bitches are weird." celeste shoved him slightly before giving him a stern look. "don't call her a bitch, you don't even know her." celeste defended the girl.

"you don't even like ha!" darrian exclaimed and in result ms gálvez snapped her head towards him sending him a side eye. "fuck up darrian." celeste slapped the back of his head making him mug her.

the thought of hair made him remember something, "you think you can do my hair later?" he asked twirling a piece of his natural curly with his index finger.

"yeah, just text me later." she responded as she finishes up the assignment. darrian nodded and pulled out his phone to take photos of the two.

when lunch came by the two walked hand in hand to there normal table. when celeste sat down next to darrian she spotted the same curly haired girl searching for a place to sit at.

celeste turned around not trying to make eye contact with her so she doesn't come over but just to her luck haven saw her familiar braids from afar and walked to her when she saw her table was filled with boys.

"hey, crystal, can i sit here?" celeste had the urge to roll her eyes but she just rolled her lips into a thin line and nodded lightly. "it's celeste by the w──" she wasn't even able to finish her sentence because haven pushed her in between darrian and celeste.

celeste scoffed under her breath, muttering soft curses before pulling her headphones in her ears and scrolled on her phones, missing the obvious glances darrian sent her the whole lunch period.

WHEN CELESTE GOT home she saw her dad sitting on the couch with a distress look on his face. celeste furrowed her eyebrows and sat next to him worried on why he was even here when he had work.

"what's wrong pa?" his head lifted from the sound of her voice, "hi princesa." he greeted ignoring her question making celeste more anxious. "dad, what's wrong?" she repeated and he let out a sigh before looking his daughter in the eyes.