1

Written by LouisThiccSexyAss

The next night Louis isn't so lucky, as he's taken out of a lovely sleep by the idiot singing a song worse than Bryan Adams.

Baby Shark, of all things.

He immediately scrawled 'SHUT YOUR FUCKING MOUTH' on his arm, to no avail. His soulmate has not shut his mouth, and Louis still cannot sleep.

God, why does this bloke have to constantly sing at 3am? Why not sing at normal times during the day? Some people need their sleep!

***

Louis didn't sleep the rest of the night, his soulmate alternating between Baby Shark and Summer Of '69 until 6:30, so he's shattered when he gets up.

Niall, of course, is just finding it funny. But he also gave him a brilliant idea, sing back to his soulmate, maybe then he'll actually shut up once he finds out how annoying it is.

After almost falling asleep in History class (maybe his soulmate's annoying singing isn't the only reason) he decides to use Niall's idea.

Which is why he finds himself screaming the lyrics to Last Friday Night by Katy Perry at 4am.

His soulmate actually shuts up, but Louis wakes up to his body absolutely covered in drawings of penises, of all things. Lottie almost dies laughing.

"It's not funny." He grumbles, hopping in the shower. He sings obnoxiously, hoping he's annoying his soulmate. He knows he's supposed to love his soulmate or whatever, but when the bloke keeps you up all night with his awful music taste and not-so-awful voice, he thinks that warrants being angry!

The saga of trying to compete to no result continues, and Louis starts getting really tired. He's tried anything and everything short of cold-blooded murder!

Finally, he's had enough.

'here, mate, can you please just shut up? i'm trying to sleep!' He writes, underlining it a few times.

'Sorry, I just can't sleep.' His soulmate writes back, the singing stops. Louis sighs in relief.

'maybe if you stop singing'

'No, I sing because I can't sleep. I'm in a band and I practice when I can't sleep. Which is always.' The guy says. He has nice handwriting, very neat, unlike Louis' practically illegible scrawl.

'I'm Harry, by the way.' His soulmate writes, a little smiley face after it.

'louis. can i sleep now?'

'Sure, go ahead. Sorry.' Harry writes, and Louis turns his lamp off, finally getting to sleep.

And he gets to sleep for a blissful entire week, until Harry apparently decides that Louis doesn't need sleep anymore, and the singing starts again. His music choice is better this time, The Chain, by Fleetwood Mac.

Listen to the wind blow, watch the sun rise

Running in the shadows, damn your love, damn your lies

And if you don't love me now

You will never love me again

I can still hear you saying

You would never break the chain (never break the chain)

He sighs, covering his ears like it's actually going to help. He writes another 'please shut your fucking mouth' message on his arm, but Harry just ignores him. Maybe his handwriting is too messy to read, whatever.

The singing is getting even more annoying, and the good voice doesn't even make up for it anymore. God, he really hates this. Who knew that having a soulmate is actually just fucking irritating?

Honestly? He doesn't even think having a soulmate is worth it anymore!

He pulls himself out of the lovely warmth of his bed, trudging downstairs to get a drink. If he's gonna be up all night, he may as well get a head start on the coffee.

"Lou? Honey? What are you doing up?" His mum asks from the living room.

"Soulmate won't shut his mouth." Louis grumbles, sitting beside her. "What about you?"

"Just had things to do." Jay says. "Have you tried telling him? You can communicate."

"Well, yeah." Louis sighs, running a hand through his hair. It's a mess now, sticking up in all directions. "Doesn't work, apparently he never sleeps."

"Well, that shouldn't be affecting you." His mum frowns. "You really can't sleep through it?"

"No. I've tried." Louis mumbles. Just then, Harry stops singing, a 'sorry' in large capitals appearing on his arm.

Bidding his mum goodnight, he trudges back upstairs, falling back asleep as soon as his head hits the pillow.

The next few days are a combination of all-nighters, being abruptly woken up for an hour until Harry remembers that he's trying to sleep, and quiet nights that are absolutely heavenly. The latter being the least frequent, naturally.

On the nights when he's awake, he does his homework out of sheer boredom. His math teacher was so surprised when he turned it in on time and fully completed that she almost had a heart attack. That's one of the few perks, actually. If he does his homework at night he can sleep when he gets home, so that he's not shattered when he gets home, and because there's not much you can do at 3am with an idiot singing in your head, homework is the only thing that can be done.

He'll thank Harry for that when they meet, letting him actually stay on top of schoolwork (he never thought this day would come, to be honest). After he's done beating the shit out of him for the incessant singing, of course.

The soulmate thing isn't all bad, though, he supposes. He has someone to talk to, and if he's sneaky enough someone to cheat in tests off of. The good doesn't outweigh the bad, and the sleepless nights (even with the addition of afternoon naps) are starting to take a toll on him.

Band practice is not as fun anymore, even when he gets a note from Harry saying 'I like your singing voice, Louis :)', and football is just exhausting. He's still almost falling asleep in most classes, and Niall's unfortunately taken to stabbing him with a sharp pencil to keep him awake.

Worst of all, he's had to start drinking coffee in order to stay awake. It's disgusting, a crime. He detests it. He's actually starting to miss when he didn't have a soulmate, which is weird, because he worried for so long that something was wrong with him.

Enough is enough, Louis decides after three sleepless nights in a row. He's going to find Harry and murder him.