❅Ice-Skating❅ 《Haley x Reader》

Start from the beginning

"Come on!" Haley dragged me by the hand off the bus.

"Thanks, Pam!" I shouted as I was dragged through the streets.

"Pam drove so slow! We aren't gonna make it!" Haley shouted.

"I think it's a good thing she drove slow. Puts us in a lower risk of crashing, you know?" I replied, smiling - I don't think Haley even heard me since we were running so fast.

"It's over here!" Haley shouted as we made our way past people.

"Hey, WATCH IT!" A lady screamed as we accidentally bumped into her.

We came up to a big building and Haley stopped, panting for air. I did the same. My face stung due to the cold weather and I could barely even breathe. Haley took my hand again and dragged me into the building - still exhausted. She got out her phone and we made our way towards the front desk where a middle-aged man was standing. 

"Hey, hey. Welcome to Zuzu's ice rink. You two look tired, maybe I could help you by getting us all a drink... and then you could do something for me... hmm?" The worker grinned.

"Uh, no. We just wanna go in." Haley replied, a little pissed.

"You sure? What about them?" The worker then turned to me, "Wanna go grab a drink?"

"Uh..." I was lost for words but slightly shook my head, no.

"You don't seem confident with your answer..." He replied, grinning.

"Oi, dickhead. They're with me, hurry up and sign us in, give us our skates, and then fuck off." Haley, now very pissed, shouted at the worker.

The worker stayed silent and glared daggers into Haley. I grabbed her hand and stood beside her as the worker scanned our tickets and gave us our skates. 

"Now, fuck off," Haley demanded as the worker backed up. Haley strutted towards a member of staff and said something to them that I couldn't hear. The member of staff walked over to where we were as Haley dragged me off towards the rink.

"Thank god that's sorted. Now let's try on the skates!" Haley, no longer pissed, exclaimed.

I put my skates on and Haley did the same. I was struggling to find my balance even on the carpeted floor. I was so done for. My shaking became horrendous as we made our way toward the ice. 

"Oh, look!" Haley pointed towards a... penguin statue?

"What?" I questioned as Haley went over and grabbed it.

"People can use these to help them balance, try it!" Haley smiled.

"Are these not for children?" I asked, slightly embarrassed.

"No, you can use them. You'll probably need them..." Haley laughed as I held onto the handles which were on the penguin's head. 

I looked around the large rink and saw people skating on their own - no troubles at all. NOT ONE PERSON HAD FALLEN YET. 

"Come on!" Haley smiled as she stepped onto the ice and started gliding forward.

I held onto the sides of the rink for my dear life as I stepped onto the ice. As my feet were set on the ice, I moved my hands toward the handles on the stupid penguin and stood idle for a while, not knowing what to do. I saw Haley skating around with no care in the world, doing little dances and spinning until she spotted me awkwardly standing there.

"Oh. Here, let me help!" Haley suggested as she made her way over to me.

"Ah, no. I can do it my-" before I finished my sentence, Haley pulled the penguin forwards which made me hug the handles as I glided over the ice.