𝐑𝐞𝐜𝐫𝐮𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐝

Start from the beginning

"Late again, Guinevere. What were you doing this time?" he passes her a pair of glasses, she stuffs them in a pocket, the pair making their way to the meeting room.

"Arthur." they both speak, entering the cold room, their leader at the head of the table, two chairs pulled out for the pair and two glasses of brandy on their mats.

"Galahad, Guinevere. Finally. The others were
concerned that we may be making a double toast." he adresses the two, they sit opposite eachother, putting on their glasses and nodding to the holographic agents.

They look to the empty seat, Lancelot.
"So I take it that it's Lancelot
we're drinking to." Alice puts her head down, adjusting in her seat from the awkward and deathly silence.

"I'm sorry. Now we're all present.
Gentlemen, I'm thankful to say that
it's been seventeen years since we last had occasion to use this decanter. And, as ever, the
circumstance make even a 1815 Napoleonic brandy taste bitter. Lancelot was an outstanding agent and a true Huntsman, he will be sorely missed."

They all raise their glasses, silently mourning their colleague, "To Lancelot."

Everyone downs their drinks in one, thinking to themselves until Arthur began speaking again.

"To matters practical, before we disperse. One, Galahad will take over Lancelot's current mission. Two, I intend to begin the selection process for Lancelot's replacement tomorrow. I expect each and every one of you, Guinevere excluded, to propose a candidate and have them report to UK HQ no later than nine PM GMT. Thank you."

One by one, everyone removes their glasses, Alice and Harry already knowing that she would be helping him find a recruit, for they were basically father and daughter with how close they are. They had met ten years ago, when she was stuck in the middle of a random Kingsman mission, Harry protected her with his life.

He had taken a bullet for her and saved her life, so she repayed him by doing her best in training when he had applied her for recruitment. She passed every test with flying colours, and is now one of the top agents.

"Do you have any ideas yet? I know you're always quick with them." Harry puts his hand on her shoulder, the two making their way to his taxi to brainstorm ideas in his house.

"Well, I have this friend, he's smart, a fighter and stubbord, just like you." she smiles, laughing at his disapproving shake of the head.
"Seriously, he's my best friend and I think he'd be a good fit. Oh and he's Unwin's kid."

Harry froze, his driver settling in the car.
"Just to Harry's house, please." she directed the man, knowing Harry needed time to think.

"I'll think about it, we will find more people, but I'll definitely look into him." and just as those words settled in the air, his phone rang.

"Galahad, we have Gary Unwin calling for you. He needs bailing out at the police station." a female voice rang through the speaker, the pair immediately rushing to his car.

"What's the plan, Harry?" she smiles, knowing that her mentor was very quick at deciding what to do.

"We pick up your friend and give him a gentleman's welcome." the two smirk at eachother, it was policy for the Kingsman to be gentlemen, no matter the situation, for, manners maketh man.

[]

"Eggsy! Would you like a lift?" The pair stand next to eachother, hands in their trouser pockets, he stares at his friend, confused.

"Who the hell are you?" he points to Harry, knowing that they were colleagues but not exactly trusting the man.

"The man who got you released." they start walking in unison, taking off their glasses at the same time, starting to creep him out.

"That aint an answer!" he turns to his friend, furrowing his eyebrows and stepping back as they moved towards him.

"How about we discuss it over a drink? We know a place." Alice puts her hand on Eggsy's shoulder, leading him to the car and instructing Harry's driver where to go.

"What the hell is going on, Ali?" he takes off his hat, brushing his hair, very confused and on edge.

"Listen, he knew your father and wants to pay you back, just hear him out, mate." she crosses her legs, hoping that she wouldn't need to use her watch and make him forget this whole interaction, wanting her closest friend to join the organisation.

1 3 8 6