Chapter 15

Farhan and Malvin reached the hotel. They moved to the elevator lobby and waited for the doors to open. The doors opened, and Samara walked out of them. Farhan remembered her face from the investigations he had done.

Malvin wanted to move into the elevator, but Farhan stopped him and signaled toward Samara. After a distance, Farhan and Malvin walked behind Samara, waiting to see where she would go next. Samara felt something was off. She felt that someone was following her and she had that it could be the police. Samara kept walking normally towards her car. Farhan signaled Malvin to get their patrol car. Malvin went off course and walked briskly towards the patrol car.

Samara walked out of the hotel lobby doors, came out to the road, and stopped. Farhan stopped walking behind her. She could easily fight off the two police officers, but she did not have time to waste anymore. She had to tail Rajen and find her jewel. She looked at her GPS tracking device and saw that Rajen was moving towards the airport. He must have known where his wife was. Samara took the opportunity and ran toward her car. Farhan ran to the road to see where she was going.

Samara jumped into her car, started it, and drove off. Malvin arrived after her and stopped to pick up Farhan.

"Quick! Quick!" Malvin shouted. Farhan got into it and started to chase Samara.

Samara weaved through the main road, not stopping at any red light. Malvin pursued her equally recklessly. He had to be on her tail and not lose her. Samara found the entrance to the highway. She turned her steering wheel abruptly to enter the road. Her car's left tires lifted in the air for a moment due to the centrifugal force as she slammed the gas pedal to the floor.

Malvin entered the highway abruptly, too, not giving any chance to her. Once on the road, it was almost an empty road to fight it off for them.

"We have a high-speed pursuit! A high-speed pursuit on ECP towards the airport! The suspect is in a white Mitsubishi Lancer. I repeat! This is a high-speed pursuit! We need more patrol cars toward the airport!" Farhan radioed to all other patrol cars that were on the road. ECP was an abbreviation for the highway's name, East Coast Parkway.

Not realizing that Farhan had activated the whole Police force, Samara kept the gas pedal to the floor. The engine odometer needle was vibrating at around five thousand revolutions per minute. Her engine was screaming at its top. She saw two police cars blocking her way with the blue and red lights at a distance. Samara had no choice but to slam in between both the vehicles. The Lancer whacked both the patrol cars, took some damage to its lights and bonnet, and carried on straight. Both the stationary patrol cars spun out of the way, slamming onto the roadside grills. Malvin followed through.

His car was roaring as well. A third patrol car entered the highway just as when Samara went past it. The car came close to Samara and tried to knock the Lancer out. Samara steadied her vehicle back and kept going towards the airport. She tried to knock the patrol car out, but the police driver was equal to it.

"Blow out the tires!" Malvin shouted at Farhan. Farhan took out his handgun, stuck his hand out of the window, and shot a barrage of bullets toward Samara's car tires. Most rounds skidded on the road, and one finally got the left rear tire. The tire burst and disintegrated, leaving only the wheel rim. Samara pressed on, never slowing down, and fought with the third police car.

The speed and friction from the rim caused orange sparks to fly out. The car rim was getting destroyed, for sure. Malvin floored his gas pedal hard and used his car bonnet to give a knock at Samara's car boot at high speed. That startled Samara, and she lost focus fighting with a third patrol car.

The patrol car swerved hard towards Samara's Lancer and whacked her side, causing her vehicle to flip a few times and finally landing upside down with a loud thud. The patrol car's counter-reaction to this was weak, and he spun out of control, doing "doughnuts" on the road, moving towards Malvin's fast-approaching vehicle.

"Look out! Look out! He's going to take us out!" Farhan shouted as he saw the patrol car spinning towards them. Malvin swerved to the side to avoid the patrol car. He lost control and crashed onto a road divider. His car bonnet crushed like a tin can, and the windshield shattered into pieces. Both of them passed out in the car.

Samara's Lancer was in no better shape. All her windows and windshield shattered—fuel, oil, and antifreeze leaked from the car. Samara regained consciousness. The glass shrapnel had cut her body in every place possible. Blood was flowing out from her head and arms.

She slowly crawled out of the car and onto the road. Her elbows were drenched with oil and fuel as she crawled out. She stood up slowly, realizing that her left leg was messed up. Either it was broken or rotated. Whatever it was, she was in pain, and her leg was useless.

She looked up at the night sky and saw the famous Changi Airport communications tower with an enormous golden ball at the top. She looked at her GPS device and limped towards the coordinates. She hastened her pace. She knew she got to get to Rajen soon before the entire police force arrived at the accident scene.

She moved towards the Jewel Changi shopping mall, which catered to the airport's visitors. Another coincidence? Samara wondered. She kept moving and dragging her feet and getting more angry and frustrated.

She went to the basement carpark of the shopping mall and saw Rajen standing in a corner. Finally, she thought. She limped faster towards him. Beside Rajen, his wife was sitting on the curbside of the road, looking distraught. There she was, Samara thought.

Rajen saw a bloodied Samara limping towards them. "Lalitha. She is here. Just give her the jewel. Let's get out of here. She will never let us live in peace."

"Good job Rajen. You've kept your word," Samara said. Lalitha did not even look up at Samara. She was disappointed with the way things had turned out. She just kept silent. Her dreams had come to a crashing stop.

Rajen took out the damned jewel from Lalitha's handbag and threw it in front of Samara. The metal clanged on the road a few times before stopping. "There you go! Take it! This was what you came here for—killed so many people for this piece of metal! Take it and leave! Please!" Rajen pleaded.

Samara smiled and took out her handgun. Rajen thought that was it, maybe she must have been pissed now, or she would tell Lalitha about how he masterminded Ganesh and his wife's deaths. Or this psycho wants to finish both of them off.

"Why? What are you going to do?" Rajen panicked. "Lalitha, let's get out of here!"

Samara fired a round at the jewel instead, shattering the gem into pieces, making it useless. The diamonds and gemstones flew in every direction possible. Rajen could not believe his eyes. Samara destroyed his physical manifestation of desire and dream in front of his eyes. Rajen was confused now. He looked at Samara, who was smiling back at him.

She looked at Lalitha, still looking down at the floor, "Finally, we meet! Farah!"