Chapter 13

Without a care in the world, without giving a damn for the visitor hours, Samara walked into the hospital ward nonchalantly.

"Sorry, ma'am, the visiting hours are over," a female nurse stopped her. Sensing the familiar Indonesian accent, Samara spoke in Bahasa Indonesia to her.

"Apakah kamu orang Indonesia?" Samara asked if the nurse is from Indonesia.

The nurse smiled and replied yes.

"Saya seorang reporter. Saya perlu interview orang yang ditangkap di airport," Samara continued saying that she was a reporter and needed to interview the person arrested at the airport.

"Well, I don't usually give anyone a chance, but I will let you in since you are from my country. This will be the only time, and make it quick," the nurse replied reluctantly. One always has a soft corner when they see their countryman or hear their language in another foreign land.

"Thank you, what's his name and which room is he in?" Samara asked. This time in English since the nurse replied in English.

The nurse pointed to the room, "Rajen. Make it quick, please."

Samara nodded and walked to the room. As she entered the room, the policeman, who was present as a guard, stood up from his chair and stopped Samara. He looked at the female nurse for an answer, and the nurse said, "Reporter."

The policeman was quite taken aback by that. A reporter at this time? That was weird, but he could not care. He wanted to continue binge-watching his videos on his mobile, so he let her in.

Rajen was not asleep yet. How could anyone sleep in that situation? Rajen saw Samara walking towards him, so he sat up straight and acted cool. He wondered who was this hot lady with stunning looks walking toward him.

"Hello," Rajen greeted her. Samara did not bother to reply but sat on the same chair that Steven sat on a few hours ago.

"Finally, we meet," Samara said.

"Sorry, you are?" Rajen asked.

Samara stared back at Rajen. "Does it matter to you who am I, Rajen?"

Rajen was taken aback by that. "What do you want?"

"I just want what's mine back to me," Samara answered.

"I don't get it," Rajen replied.

"Let me cut the chase. Where is your wife? I will kill her if I find her myself," said Samara. Those words hit Rajen's intuition. It finally struck him, who was sitting in front of him—the personification of Death herself. Rajen tried to hint to the policeman that she was the assassin Steven and the whole police force was finding for.

"Don't do that. You are trying to kill him," Samara warned, hinting that she would kill the policeman if she had to.

"Don't do anything stupid, Samara. Please! I don't know where my wife is right now. I want to find her too. She would have left the country by now. Or trying to leave, at least," Rajen whispered.

"So you know my name" Samara was surprised.

"Yes. Steven told me that"

"Who's Steven?"

"He is the inspector who is finding for you. You have already created a whole lot of mess. He will find you soon," Rajen warned her.

"What else do you know?" Samara asked.

"Nothing else"

Samara looked at the floor and took a deep breath. Rajen was wondering what she was going to do now. He thought that he would be dead soon in a matter of minutes.