C6 - Morning

Hiiii so I'm on break from college rn, so I have time to actually write and update the story, how nice amiright 😭 I swear the updates will be quicker for right now, I've got around 3 months of free time so yeah! Again, thanks for the patience 🙏

——————- Elle POV

I awoke to the sound heavy footsteps.

Lazily I wiped my eyes and slowly propped myself up. Last night was a bit of a blur in all honesty but from what I could remember, After Bo patched me up he showed me to an empty guest room upstairs, it had everything I could need. And by everything, I mean a shower- He even gave me some of his and his brothers clothes to wear while he took mine to get washed.....since mine were scuffed up, dirty and had remnants of my blood.

And so, that left me with Bo's sweatpants and his brothers large tee shirt. Very kind of him I'd say, though it would've been nice to have something a little more......small? I sighed, looking at the baggy tee shirt I slept in. Oh well, I shouldn't complain. Once I got a good stretch out, I headed over to the bathroom that was conveniently attached to this room. As I walked in, I was greeted with the pleasant smell of a pine air freshener that dangled just above the air conditioner (AUTHOR NOTE: if that is what it actually is? I high key forgot so just pretend I know what I'm talking about 🤩) , hurriedly I used the toilet and then went about brushing my teeth and doing my hair.

As I looked in the mirror I noticed I was in considerably better shape than yesterday, after some close inspection, the dark circles under my eyes had almost completely gone, and my skin and hair seemed a lot brighter. That shower and bed really did wonders. I didn't realize just how much my appearance could change in such a small amount of time....though maybe that was mostly due to the fact that I was running around in the woods-

How odd...

Thump thump

The loud footsteps from before were even closer now, It felt as if they were right outside the bedroom door. Slowly I peered out the doorway of the bathroom and waited, I don't know why but my anxiety ran high once again. Surely he wouldn't save me just to kill me later....right?.........right?

I snapped out of my thoughts again as the footsteps continued, and then suddenly, there was a knock on my door. I held my breath for a second before I heard my name called from the other side. It was Bo. "Elle? You up? I reckon you must be hungry about now..." I sighed in relief, walking over to the door and opening it up. As I opened it, I looked up at Bo's large figure, he wore a simple plaid button up shirt and some weathered jeans, all accompanied by his messy brown hair that was barely tucked under his hat. He looked more like himself, though I didn't mind seeing him all "dolled up" in his tuxedo from before. I guess I didn't realize how much I was staring at him, as he said with a light chuckle "do I look alright?".

My face went hot, "Ah I'm sorry, I didn't mean to stare......i just feel a little out of it right now..." I only told a half-lie. "Ah well then hopefully breakfast would help settle your nerves? My brother he fixed somethin' up for ya, pancakes, bacon, a full course meal! Ya know.....since you're our special guest and all" he tilted his head with a crooked smile, the way he said 'special' made chills run down my spine as I recalled the events of the movie once more. Right....I really shouldn't let my guard down.

I nodded with a smile, "well that sounds great, I'm all dressed right now so..." I played with the edges of my incredibly large shirt, causing Bo to smile gleefully before holding out his calloused hand, "well then let me lead ya down, it's a tight space so hope ya don't mind holdin' on to me" he winked. Yeah, this is definitely Bo behavior. "Oh, How could I possibly deny you and your generosity" I said sarcastically with a smile as I went and held his hand. It was incredibly rough, causing me to unconsciously run my fingers over his slightly dried out skin. He didn't say anything though, and I thanked god for that, as I don't think I could keep up with constantly explaining my actions.