Movie Night: Prolouge

——————- Elle POV

"Sorry Elle, You know I can't come over tonight...." They trailed off, their voice clearly showing remorse.

"No no....it's ok! Just wanted to see if maybe there was a chance that you could...."

I sighed. It's not like it was Ally's fault, finals were coming up and she needed all of her attention on her studies. So, even though I would've liked to have had a movie night with her, I couldn't.

After talking a bit more, we finally said our goodbyes and I ended the call. All that was left to do now was to get the popcorn ready and then pop in a random horror flick. Ah....but what flick in particular? I thought to myself as I placed the popcorn bag into the microwave. Maybe Scream? Er no, I watched that recently...

I made my way over to my movie rack, running my fingers along the edges of the dvd cases and scanning each title with my eyes. Suddenly I stopped on an all time favorite, The Wax house. How long has it been since I've seen this? I thought back to my time in the dorms, which wasn't too long ago, about 2 years before I had enough to rent a small apartment instead. I could remember watching 'House Of Wax' with a bunch of longtime friends.

Feeling the need to experience that time again, I decided that this would be the movie I'd watch. As if on cue, the microwave sounded off, letting me know that my popcorn was now ready. Perfect timing. I hurriedly put the movie in my DVD player and started it up as I made my way over to get the popcorn. The usual movie ads would play before getting to the starting screen, which left me with enough time to fix myself a drink, some other snacks, and my letterman jacket. Because for whatever reason, I found it more comfy than my blankets.

After I acquired my movie essentials, I threw myself onto the couch, grabbed the remote and pressed play.

Let the movie begin!

TIMESKIP —————————-Narrator POV

It had already been an hour into the movie and Elle was starting to doze off, her eyelids flickering slightly as the lights in the room began to dim. Ah... she groaned as she stretched out her body, snuggling up to her jacket more intensely. Usually she wouldn't sleep so easily during these films, as she had a great interest in horror. However, tonight was different.

Perhaps it was the fact that she was alone, or maybe it was due to how late it was.

Either way, she slowly but surely fell into a deep slumber.

Unbeknownst to her, this would be the last time she'd have a moment of peace....