C1 - Fright

——————- Narrator POV

Elle woke up to the sound of birds.

Birds?

She questioned as she began to open her eyes. It was a bright and sunny day, yet you could only tell by looking through the cracks and gleams in between the large array of trees. Elle began to feel around her, The cold hard ground instantly brought her to her senses and she quickly sat herself up. "What the...." She murmured to herself as she looked around at the scenery. She was in a forest, a dense one at that, with absolutely no sign of life other than that of nature's.

"Hello!?" She yelled, her voice echoing back to her.

There was no one in sight.

So how did she get there?

With nothing else to do, she stood up and began to check her clothing. A phone...please let me have my phone...she thought as she searched her pockets. Yet there was nothing. "Fuck!" She could feel tears brimming in her eyes. Nothing is worse than being alone. However, she couldn't let her emotions rule her, and so she took a deep breath and began to walk. Surely something, or someone, will come up. Right?

25 minutes later ——————- Elle POV

After walking for a while, I decided to sit down on a fallen tree. My back was killing me, almost more than my feet were. Of course, I had to fall asleep in nothing but a white dress and shitty letterman jacket. No shoes, not even socks....."this sucks" I murmured as I leaned over and rested my elbows on my knees.

I looked up at the trees again.

It really was a nice day. It wasn't too hot since there was a nice breeze going through, and there weren't a shit ton of bugs, which is always a plus. Though it's a shame, I can't really enjoy it due to the circumstances. I sighed. "Oh well.."

After resting for a bit, I stood back up and continued to hike. I searched the trees carefully, looking for any sign of a path or even a road. Minutes began to feel like hours and I felt like I was getting nowhere. That is until I heard the familiar roar of an engine. A car! I began to sprint towards the noise, completely forgetting the aching of my feet on the cold hard ground. Maybe I'll be able to get back home...

It wasn't too long before I reached a vast road. I looked side to side, seeing if there were any traces of buildings alongside it. Luckily for me, there was a small shabby building in the distance. Looked like some sort of gas station, or perhaps a bar. Either way, it didn't matter, I had to get over there and see if they had a phone..... or maybe even a map?

As I began to walk, I noticed something strange though, all of the cars that passed by me didn't even make an attempt to slow down and ask me if I was ok. I mean, I didn't mind- but I wasn't wearing any shoes whatsoever, you would think someone would stop. But they didn't. Strange.

Eventually I made it to the building, conveniently it was a gas station. As I walked in, I could feel the stares of tons of strangers. I must've looked a hot mess by the way they looked at me. Though I couldn't let that disturb me, getting home was a priority after all! I waltzed up to the cashier and began to plead my case. Her name was Valerie. She was a short older woman with a warm smile, warm enough to make me feel somewhat secure in this dingy old place. I told her my story of how I woke up in the woods and made my way here, Expecting her to look at me as if I were insane.....But she didn't. Instead she offered me her cellphone so I could call my friends, that way I could see if they could give me a lift back home. All while telling me exactly where I was....