TWENTY / "New iPhone Update Be Like"

ابدأ من البداية

That's when the call was interrupted by a message coming in.

I narrowed my eyes before pressing accept.

"Bring the family members to me?" I read out quietly in confusion.

Holy shit!

Is he trying to turn us in to Onyx?!

The anger boiled over in me and I stomped over to the shower. My hands didn't warn my eyes before I tore the shower curtain over to the side.

Jaxon's brown, yet sudsy body tensed while his hands stilled, hovering over his soapy hair. "What the fuck, Josie!" he yelled.

Then, with his hands still occupied, the curtain sloppily flung back to its original place.

I clenched my jaw in anger before ripping it back away from the tub.

"Damn, you must really like what you see. Is there something Amy should know?"

My face immediately refluxed in disgust. "Ew, not when she thinks you're my brother!"

"Can I have my shower back, this is a huge invasion of privacy."

It was probably the only time I'd ever agree with him. But I was too angry to oblige him. "What the hell is this?"

I jammed the phone in his face.

His brown eyes immediately widened, and he swiped at it, but I drew my hand back.

"Josie, put my phone down," he seethed slowly. I could see the anger growing on his face as he reached forward while simultaneously using the shower curtain to hide his body.

But I was backing away as he did so.

"I don't know what you saw on there, but I— I can explain."

So he really was just about like every other teenage boy, then.

"You can explain somebody ordering you to turn us in? Alright go ahead."

His widened eyes slowly closed as his hands raised to his forehead. "Wait... okay... you have to let me dry off first."

"And you don't even deny it," I cried out. "This is great. You know what, if you're trying to ruin our lives, I should at least make it a little harder for you," I said as I held his phone up.

"Josie!" he tried.

Just as his fingers went to his temple and his other arm outstretched, I tightened my grip on the phone. Then I peered hard at it, manipulating the circuitry before it started smoking and eventually exploded in my hand.

I gasped and released the now blistered phone from my hand.

"No!" Jaxon yelled. The towel was around his lower body now as he ran for the phone, just as I stumbled back out of his way.

"What the hell did you just do?! You have no idea what you just did!"

"I saved my family's life!" I yelled through my teeth. "I can't believe you would do something like this, what were you thinking?!"

"Josie, get the fuck out of here!"

I clenched my teeth so hard that they might fall out. My fingers circled my bloodied hand, probably riddled with glass shards and burns.

"Fuck you, Jaxon," I said to the boy sunken to the floor, holding his useless phone in his hands.

I watched him for a moment longer before finally turning and leaving. I slammed the bathroom door behind me.

Then I just stood there, hands clenched into fists and my head low, my curly hair curtailing my face.

"Hey, I heard a lot of yelling," North's concerned voice drifted in.