°·°·°·°·°·°

Getting back to the house, Lily opens her front door before she stops and starts to glare at something. Furrowing her eyebrows, Avery lightly pushes Lily over a little so she could see. Seeing Lily glaring at Vernon made so much sense to her now. Vernon was absolutely horrible. He shared just as much distaste towards Lily and her friends as much as Petunia did.

Sighing, Avery signals to Lily to just go to her room. "Alright, Aves. Let's go, they aren't worth our time anyway."

Now in the redheads room, Avery flops on Lily's bed and stares up at the ceiling as Lily sits down at her desk chair.

"That Vernon is the worst. I mean have you met him? Oh, that's right, you have.. But still he's so- ugh." Lily complains while throwing her head back.

"Lily, I get it. He's not the best but he isn't our concern, he hasn't even said anything to us. Plus, today is supposed to be our day, mine, yours, and Marlenes." The blonde sits up as she slips off her flats.

Lily hums before agreeing and sitting next to her friend. "What should we do now?"

"Hm, how about we.. paint our nails? I haven't had the time to paint mine in a bit."

"Yes! What color do you want? I've got yellow, pink, blue, purple, red, green, and orange. Huh, where'd the rest go?" Lily questions herself as she sets the nail polishes down onto the bed.

"Oh, you brought them to Hogwarts. You sent me a letter during the summer about what you were bringing."

"Oh! That's right."

"Now, I choose.. green. That's pretty green." Avery lifts the nail polish up and hands it to Lily who inspects it as she agrees.

°·°·°·°

An hour later, Marlene shows up only to find the two asleep. Sighing, Marlene takes off her coat and shoes before she flops on the two, "Wakey, wakey! Get up you two!"

Groaning, Lily sits up as she pushes Marlene off of her and onto Avery who groans louder. "Get off of me! My bones are breaking right now!"

Laughing, Marlene gets up off of her friend and sits down next to Lily who leans her head on her shoulder causing the McKinnon girl's heart rate to go up. Turning to the red-head, Marlene lightly strokes her hair before clearing her throat. "Alright, ladies, we can nap later when we get back but let's go out and have some fun!"

"Yeah, while Avery's not with her boyfriend." Lily teases as Avery's face grows red.

"Shut up!" She throws a pillow at the two before standing up and getting her flats on. Grabbing her bag, Avery turns to the two girls. "Well? Are we going out or not? It was your idea."

With that, the two scrambled up and got ready before they left. They had gone into town and went into any little shop they thought was sticking out to them. They always thought of things like that.

While Avery was spinning around with Lily, a short blonde girl bumped into her, "Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry, I wasn't even paying attention. I saw this book and I thought that Reg- my friend would like it-" She abruptly stopped rambling when she looked at the three girls. "Wait a second, I know you three! Avery Flynn, Lily Evans, and Marlene McKinnon. Wow, I did not expect this to happen-"

The girl was interrupted by something more of someone, "Babe, hurry up! I still have some more important things to get done. I need to get my grades up so my parents will let me do whatever I want this summer." The younger blonde girl apologetically smiled at what they assumed was her boyfriend. "Hurry up and get your things and we'll head back to my house to get some homework done- it'll be a study date."