4. Efforts

It was lunch and Aditya was munching on food as always

It was lunch and Aditya was munching on food as always. Nothing new, nothing great. It was only Aditiya and Meera at lunch today because Abhay and Rashmi were forced by the English teacher to help her out. That was the consequences for not completing their homework. Well, it was just Abhay who didn't do his homework but Rashmi, being the nice person she is, decided to stay back and help out.

"Yaar, your mom is such a good cook, eating your lunch makes me feel like I'm dining in a 5 star restaurant," Aditya boasted.

"I know right, now imagine if my mom is such a good cook, how well can I cook?" Meera smirked, leaning closer to Aditya.

"I, for sure know that before I eat your food, I will already be throwing up" Leaning back in, Aditya and Meera were almost an ant apart from smooching.

"Hahaha, very funny, now I'm sure that next time I'll be feeding you food, I'm going to make sure to mix poison in it" Meera moved away with a sly expression. Aditya just rolled his eyes at her and continued eating his "5 star" food.

"Anyway, I think Abhay should ask Rashmi out," Meera stated, making Aditya choke on his food. "I know you agree with me," She added, giving him a mischievous side eye.

"Do you even know what you're saying?" Finishing his food up, he closed the tiffin lid and put it in Meera's lunch bag.

"Come on, it's SO obvious that they like each other, Rashmi is literally willing to not eat just to accompany him," Meera affirmed, standing straight up with her hands on her hips. Watching her, Aditya also stood up. Turning around, she held Aditya by his shoulders with a determined expression.

"Let's talk to Abhay after school," She announced.

"What? I mean, how will we get Rashmi to go away, they're in the same class-" Aditya expressed, crossing his hands.

"Okay, the plan is simple. You talk to Abhay and I will drag Rashmi home" Meera said mimicking Aditya's pose. "Please tell me you can do that!" Aditya pondered on the request but ended up nodding in response.

~~

On the other hand, Rashmi and Abhay were arranging the books in the library while Abhay was stealing small glances at Rashmi here and there.

"You do know that you don't need to help me right? I can do this," Abhay told Rashmi. He felt guilty about Rashmi staying back because of him. Though, Rashmi didn't mind staying back even a bit.

"I know, but this is fun," Rashmi said and then added a "not really" which was just audible for her.

"Thank you Rashmi," Smiling shyly, Abhay went back to arranging the books.

"Of course! You don't need to thank me. But please do your homework next time, "Rashmi advised. Abhay took a quick peek at her, and noticed how focused she was on arranging these books.