3. Memories that were made

Once the bell rang for lunch, the four of them quickly made their way to their usual spot

Once the bell rang for lunch, the four of them quickly made their way to their usual spot. They all have a test today and they decided that they won't fool around, but actually study for it. Rashmi and Abhay have a Math test right after lunch, while Meera and Aditya have their test in period 6. Since they have the same teacher for Math, they have the same test.

"Guys, we're here. Chalo padhai karte hai. I need to get at least a 90% in this test" Rashmi announced, opening her textbook and flipping to page 60. (Let's get studying)

"Aur hume fail hona hai right?" Abhay yawned, taking a seat next to Rashmi.(And we want to fail right?)

"Hahaha very funny, ab padhlo guys" (Now study guys)

Everyone started to focus on studying while eating their lunch here and there. These past few months, the four of them have grown closer to each other. They all are comfortable with one another and hang out during lunch almost everyday. Abhay and Rashmi have developed a unique bond too. Rashmi gives him her pens and notes whenever he doesn't have them, meanwhile Abhay doesn't leave a chance to tease Rashmi and flirt with her. At this point, it's obvious even to others that they both like each other but neither of them makes a move.

As for Meera and Adithya, she always brings extra food for him. Her mother started to question why she was bringing so much food everyday, Meera would always use Rashmi as an excuse saying "she is starting to get really hungry, and I feel bad for her." Aditya, in return, would....Eat it.

"Rashmi, I don't understand how to find the orthocenter. Explain this to me" Abhay asked Rashmi, poking her shoulder. Rashmi gave him an annoyed look.

"It's so easy. Okay so.." Rashmi tried to explain to Abhay about it.

"Oh my god, how do you do this?" Abhay gasped, his eyes widening in amazement.

"Do what?" Rashmi innocently asked.

"Explain the most complicated topics in the easiest way possible" Abhay replied. Rashmi smiled in response.

~~

"How did the test go Abhay?" Rashmi questioned, first thing after the bell rang. Her classmates already packed their stuff and some ran out to catch their school bus. Rashmi didn't have to take the bus home, since she lived nearby.

"It went okay. At least I know I got the orthocenter questions correct. Thanks to you" Abhay winked as he stuffed his books in his red backpack.

"You don't need to thank me" she blushed.

"Oh, there you guys are. How was the test?" Aditya entered their classroom with Meera reading a book behind him.

"It was easy," Rashmi flexed, smirking.

"Me and Meera were thinking about buying ourselves some ice gola. Can you guys come along? Please!" Aditya begged, holding Abhay's arm and swinging it back and forth.

"Bhai, if you'll pay, I'll come everyday if I have to," Abhay remarked.

"Hahaha, you wish, But aaj tumhara lucky din hai kyuki aaj ka treat mera hai" (Consider yourself lucky, because I'm paying today)

"Kis khushi mein?" Rashmi giggled, walking over to Meera and peeking at her book. (What's the special occasion?)

"I'm confident that I did very well in the test" Aditya wiggled his eyebrows and basked in glory.

"Yeh pakka cheating kar ke aaya hai" Abhay rolled his eyes, making his way to the door. (He for sure came here after cheating on the test)

"Abe chup. Tumhare jaisa nahi hu main. Padke aaya tha maine" Aditya proclaimed. (Shut up! Unlike you, I actually studied)

"Mere Aditya ka kya hua hai? Tum mere Aditya nahi ho sakte" Abhay exclaimed dramatically. (What happened to my Aditya? You aren't my Aditya)

"Can you guys shut up? We have to go home too. So Let's hurry up" Meera demanded, finally closing her book.

"Of course! Chalo chalo," The four of them made their way out of the classroom, giggling and laughing.

~~

"I want cola flavoured," Meera exclaimed, in the midst of all the noise around.

"Meera try something else. You always take that one" Rashmi sighed, ordering herself a Kala Khatta flavoured gola.

"No, I can never ditch the cola flavoured gola. It's my first love" Meera announced.

"Kya?" Aditya questioned, giving Meera the "Are-you-serious?" look. (What?)

They all got their ice golas and sat down on the benches nearby the stall. Since the stall was near their school, there were many students around at this time of the day. The pani puri stall was the most popular among the students.

"Chalo, bye, see you on Monday," Aditya smiled, getting on a rickshaw and moving farther away into the traffic.

Meera, Abhay and Rashmi all lived in the same society so they always walked home. Rashmi lived in block C, Abhay lived in block D and Meera lived in Block A. As they were making their way back home, a rose plant caught Abhay's eyes and he quickly went to pick one up.

"Here," Rashmi felt something tap her shoulder, she turned around and it was Abhay holding out a beautiful rose with a big smile on his face.

"For me?" Rashmi blushed, taken aback by his gesture.

"You, of course, who else?" He laughed shyly. Without saying anything, Rashmi slowly took the rose out of his hand and turned around to hide her face.
"Where is mine?" Meera questioned with a sly expression on her face.

"Go ask your Aditiya," Rashmi whispered, walking away from the two.

"Oh ho Juliet, itna bhi gussa nahi karne ka. Maine aise hi pucha" Meera chuckled, catching up to her. (Oh Juliet, don't be so mad. I was just teasing)

~~

"Bye guys, remember to do your homework, okay? Cause I'm not giving you anymore answers," Rashmi exclaimed, flicking both of their foreheads.

"Haan teek hai, chal bye," Meera giggled and left for her building. (Alright then, bye!)

"Main bhi chalta hu, bye Rashmi," Abhay said, putting his hands in his pant pockets and walking away. Rashmi was quite happy today. Before it was always just her and Meera going on and on. However, now, since the two boys arrived, it's been so lively.