Once we were deep under the cover of the woods my calmness evaporated into the fear of what resided here.

"Do you think it's gone?" I asked.

"It should be, at least for a little while,"

I nodded my head and looked at the path that we were taking. I hadn't really thought about it but Masky had to be in pain right now. There was no way he wasn't, especially with a huge slice taken out of his shoulder.

"Are you sure you don't want me to carry the blanket, I don't mind carrying it," I asked him

"No, I got it,"

"Are you sure, because you don't need that shoulder wound opening up and I'm sure it's gotta be hurting to,"

"I heal faster than humans, and I have a much high pain tolerance than you to," He stated simply

"Oh,"

We fell back into the noise of the wind blowing through the trees. It was becoming more aggressive and bone chilling by the minute. I clutched the clothes close to my chest to try to keep some of the fleeting warmth near me. The tips of my fingers were becoming numb from the lack of warmth they were receiving. Suddenly a loud rumble of thunder bellowed from the skies above.

Masky's pace picked up a little bit in response to the threat of getting snowed on and freezing to death. My legs were starting to ache with all of this walking and running we had been doing.

"How much longer until we get back?" I asked

"Around fifteen minutes or so, it'll be longer if the snow gets in our way," He responded in a tight voice.

I pumped my legs a little faster. If he was worried about the snow it had to be a pretty serious snowstorm.

The icy wind was whipping my hair every which way, so I had to keep brushing it aside. My eyes were squinted with how hard the wind was blowing, it was picking up sand, leaves, and anything it could lift. If I hadn't known better I would have thought we were having a tornado. I glanced over at Masky who seemed like he was also battling the ferocious wind. He held onto the bottom of his mask so it wouldn't fly off.

God I hoped that cabin would appear soon, because I didn't know how much more of this I could take. All of the sudden a wave of dizziness hit me and made me stumble. I caught myself but I had dropped the clothing I had.

"Shit," I mumbled to myself as I clutched the side of my head. I tried squeezing my eyes closed to get rid of it but it didn't go away. I squinted my eyes open, too scared to open them completely for fear that I would throw up. I felt something lurch in my stomach, Not again.

I turned away from Masky and emptied out the contaminants of my stomach. My whole body lurched with the violent sickness that was overtaking me. My hair was suddenly pulled out of my face and a hand was placed on my back. Once I was done puking I sat there and tried to steady my shaking body. 

"Let me carry you the rest of the way," He offered with a demanding tone underlying his words

"No, you don't need to be carrying anything with your messed up shoulder," I said weakly.

"What part of "I'm not human" do you not get? I can carry you."

I started to protest but he cut me off instantly "If we get caught in the snow storm you're going to be even sicker than you already are. Now shut up and come here." He demanded.

I was going to say something but I decided against it, I wouldn't win this argument even if I wanted to. I just sighed and mumbled out a small "ok."

I gathered back up my clothes and held them against my chest. He then scooped me up and held me bridal style. Once I was situated with my spot he slung the blanket over his shoulder and took off.

Even with the extra weight he picked up his speed and walked even faster than before, it was almost at running speed. I felt a little guilty, I knew he was an inhuman individual but I knew he would get tired of constantly lugging me around. I wonder if one day he'll just get tired of me and finish me off once and for all. I squeezed my eyes closed and tried to push out the thought of that actually happening.

"If you're worried about me carrying you, don't be. You're forgetting that my abilities are tripled compared to you humans. I can withstand far more than you realize," He said

I nodded my head and my body relaxed. It was good to know that I wouldn't be causing pain to him from this. I looked up at the sky and saw that the sky was a lot darker than it was before. We really needed to hurry if we were going to get home before the snowstorm hit.

"Do you still think we'll make it before the snow comes," I asked

"Now that I can pick up the pace, yes, we'll probably get there just in time," He said and glanced down at me.

I nodded my head "Good"

Suddenly a thunderous boom echoed from the darkening clouds. Masky glanced up at the sky just as I did.

"I lied, If we're going to make it in time I'm going to have to run, so hang on tight alright?" He quickly

"Ok," I said as I clutched my clothes tighter

"Ready?"

"Yea,"

He lurched forward and started running way faster than I was expecting. Trees blurred past us at lighting speed and wind ripped through my hair. The air continued to drop in temperature, and the cold wind wasn't helping at all. I turned into Masky's chest to try to shield the cold from my freezing face. I just hoped that the house wasn't far from us now.