Chapter 12

As I bent over the sink to spit my toothpaste out I felt arms wrap around my waist. I gasped and stood back up feeling the toothpaste trail down my chin. I looked into the mirror and saw Lucas standing behind me. His once brown eyes were now pitch black. He growled in my ear which scared me because his voice was a lot deeper than it already was. I shuddered as he put his head in my neck and inhaled deeply. He looked up into my eyes through the mirror and I saw they were back to their deep chocolatey color. He smirked at me and turned my body swiftly around in his arms. He leaned down and licked the toothpaste off of my chin. "Mm minty!!" He gave me one last smirk before walking out of the bathroom leaving me stunned. I touched my chin. 'Did he seriously just do that?' I felt sick to my stomach. (I almost threw up while writing that..) I grabbed a nearby towel and started scrubbing my face ferociously. Once I finished I walked back into the room to find Lucas gone and found Mae in his place. "Guess what Miss Aromia!! The King has made me your personal maid!!" My mood suddenly changed. "Really? That's awesome!!" I said running and giving her a hug. So far, Mae was the only friend I had in the castle, although the King was very nice to me. "Well I will read off your schedule for today and then I shall get you dressed. First is breakfast, then you will have speech classes, history, fencing, manners training, gown fitting, then lunch with the Queen, crown fitting, a talk about the wedding, a talk with the King, then you will spend some time with the Prince before dinner." My eyes widened. That is a lot to get done today. "Also as you can see the royal colors for our kingdom are purple and gold. When the kingdom holds special events you are required to wear at least one form of gold or purple. You don't have to be fully dressed in it though. So shall I get you dressed for today?" I slowly nodded and she pulled me into the bathroom. She gave me a bath making sure I was completely clean by scrubbing every body part possible. I was then put in a robe as she did my hair and makeup. My hair was put in a half up- half down hairstyle. She then did my makeup simple and proceeded to put me in a corset which cut off my oxygen supply. I was then put into a deep blue dress which was simple except for at the top, which was covered in lace. She then put me in dark gray heels. I had trouble getting down the stairs but I managed to make it to the dining room. Once I got there the King was at the head of the table with the queen on his left and Lucas was on the Kings right. "Ah Aromia, I finally get to meet you." I smiled and curtsied before walking over to sit next to her. "My dear Aromia, shouldn't you sit next to me?" Lucas said smirking at me. "Yes your right my son. Aromia you should sit next to Lucas." The King said smiling at me. I held my disappointment in and smiled walking over to Lucas. "How silly of me." I said wrapping my arms around Lucas's neck. To the King and Queen it may have looked like an innocent hug but in all honesty I was choking him. I smiled kissing his cheek. "Ah a little tight dear." he said grasping my arms. "Oops sorry." I giggled sitting down next to him. He rubbed his neck in annoyance before taking a sip of his water. "Well you two seem to be getting along well." The King stated smiling at us. I nodded as the King and Queen launched into conversation.