Prologue

The door was open.

Radio static? No, Tv.

Where is mother?

Where am I?

Who am I?

The bed was cold, yet so was the air she breathed. She exhaled and was able to faintly see her own breath escape from her lungs. The girl sat up and looked around the small and dark room. She wasn't in a normal bed, it was a crib.

The darkness of the room made it hard for her to see as she slowly climbed out of the crib, avoiding the toys on the floor as she walked. She entered into a long hallway with walls made out of wallpaper and the carpet a green color. The sounds of static began to get loud.

The hallway seemed to become longer and longer as she began to walk. There were no doors, and a single light illuminated the hallway. The door at the end was red, it wasn't like the baby room door, which was made of wood. The red door was metallic, and as she approached it the static got louder. Had she seen this door before?

Eventually, she reached the door and slowly began to turn the knob. As she opened the door the static was loud, and annoying. A woman sat facing the static Tv in a rocking chair with her baby cradled in her arms, she was humming a song....a song that sounded familiar...almost too familiar.

The girl reached her hand forward to touch the back of the woman's shoulder and felt a chill run up her spine. "Bell," the woman said softly.

"Bell," the woman raised her voice, her head slowly turning to the side.

"BELL!" The woman shouted, just as the woman's face was to be revealed everything went black.

~~~~~~

February 23, 1981, 9:30 AM

"Bell!" A voice shouted, waking the young girl up from her sleep. She was always a sleepy person according to her mother's friend, Russell Adler, who so graciously took her in after her mother's death. Bell looked around and saw him standing in the corner, watching her. "Get your ass up, we're leaving for that special mission I mentioned last night to you, don't you remember?" he said, he smoked his cigarette which made Bell cough a bit, she hated the smell of them. "No...I don't," she held her head a bit as she sat up.

Her left eye was always bloodshot, it hurt whenever she woke up and she always woke up with a migraine. She kept this all to herself though. Her scar on her right eye was reminiscent of a time she could remember, she was hit in the face with a knife while trying to protect her mother from bad guys as a young girl. Now she was 16 and a quiet and dull individual, some people in the C.I.A called her a husk of a human.

Bell knew her name, she knew her name was Isabella Owens, she knew her mother had worked for the C.I.A, and she knew she had violent tendencies along with paranoid behavior. It came along with her after her accident. Adler told her that she simply was in a bad accident, he told her that she was in a car and it blew up, she hit her head, she woke up and only could remember certain things... things only Adler told her about.

Her mother was named Laura Owens, a woman of insane skill and intellect. Bell loved her mother, more than anything. Laura had only one living family member other then her daughter, Arthur (Arty) Owens, her brother. Somebody who Bell knew nothing about. Bell was frail and thin, her hair was a dark brown color and her eyes were a dark brown, a lot of times her eyes looked almost black.

Bell looked down, she blinked a few times for her eyes to adjust to the light as Alder's footsteps got louder. He sat on the edge of her bed and looked at her. "Im proud of you kid, for all you've done and for what you are about to go through" Adler sighed, patting her on the shoulder. Bell nodded a bit and looked up at him. Adler reached into his jacket and pulled something out of the interior pocket.

"I bought this little thing last year, worst mistake of me life...I never use it," Adler said, he took out a Walkman and held it out to her, "so take it," he said. Bell's eyes widened as she looked at the device in his hand, she slowly reached forward and took the Walkman, "what is it?" She asked, her voice was quiet and confused.

Adler smiled a bit at the girl's curiosity, "a Walkman. you can play music on it. I don't use it though...so take it." Bell froze as she opened it, inside was a tape with "BELL" written on it in marker, she smiled slightly as Adler grabbed the headphones and put them over her ears, he took the device from her hands and hit play. She listened as music came through her headphones.

"What's this?" She questioned Adler. He smiled a bit more and took another puff of his cigarette, "it's a band called 'The Rolling Stones', I used to love them." Bell listened to the music and began to tap her fingers to the tune. "I put some songs on there I thought you would like," Adler said, standing up and handing Bell her shoes and coat, "come on, you can listen to the music on the way to the safe house in West Berlin..."

~~~~

Bell always hated planes, they were loud and annoying. Due to privacy and suspicion they took a C.I.A plane used for missions such as this. Bell sat in a chair and watched as Adler took out another cigarette, he lit it and looked over at the young girl. "How's that music?" He asked. Bell nodded with approval and took her headphones off, she stood up and placed them on Adler's ears so he could listen to what she heard. "What's this one?" She asked.

"This is Blondie, a band that started in the 70's...the song is called 'Call Me'," Adler said, taking another puff of his cigarette and blowing it out of his mouth. Bell grabbed the headphones back and put them on, she sat across from him as she nodded to herself, "I like it," she said. Adler smiled and nodded, "good," he said as they both felt the plane take off towards West Berlin.

"I have some people there who want to meet you, kid, you're like a celebrity to them," he said as he finished the cigarette. Alder put it out in an ash tray and looked at Bell, only to see her with her headphones on, not listening to what he said. Adler exhaled and looked out of his window, watching the ground below him as he can faintly hear the music that the teenager in front of him played in her headphones.