His Imperious Boss - 41

Start from the beginning

"What's wrong?", Asked Shehnaaz, the girl nods to say nothing. Shehnaaz sat with her hands crossed and stared at her silently studying her face.

"How old are you?", Asked Shehnaaz.

The girl gulped in fear.

"How old are you?", Shehnaaz yelled making the girl flinch.

"19.. I.. I.. am an engineering student.. s..s..sorry ma'am.. I came here because my f..f..friends gave me a dare..", the young girl confessed in fear.

"Give me that paper..", said Shehnaaz. The girl nodded in denial.

"Mera time barbaad karne ke liye main tumhaare principal se complaint kar sakti hoon..", said Shehnaaz.

"No.. please.. no..", the girl forwards the paper with trembling hand. Shehnaaz looked at the paper.

Will you marry me?

Reading those 4 words reminded her of Sidharth's farewell evening during which he had used the same words to propose her infront of so many people. Flashes of all those people mockingly laugh at her appeared infront of her eyes. She lifted her head from the paper and glared at the girl. Petrified by her bloodshot eyes, the girl trembled.

"Mere office mein aake mera hi mazaak udda rahi ho? Haan? Tumhe yeh sab bachkaana harkat katne mein mazaa aata hai right? Bolo kaunse college se ho? Bolo?", Shehnaaz seethed in anger at her while standing on her feet.

With shivering legs and flowing eyes, the girl ran out of her cabin at once. Shehnaaz plopped back into her chair and stroked her hair before holding her exploding head. Her landline phone rang and she stared blankly at the red blinking light on it until it went off. She dialled the number back.

"How many more?", Asked Shehnaaz.

"Uuummm.. just one.", Said Shruti staring at the only person sitting outside because after hearing Shehnaaz yell and the two candidates leave with tears, all other candidates had fled away in fear.

"Hmmm.. Pufff.. give me 15 minutes and then send the next person..", said Shehnaaz. She initially wanted to reschedule but after hearing that there was just one candidate, she decides to go on after a few minutes of cooling time.

"Sure ma'am.", Said Shruti before disconnecting.

"In fifteen minutes..", she said to the person.

Shehnaaz looked at the screen to do some work to distract her mind but wasn't able to concentrate.

Agar agla candidate peechle do ki tarah nikla toh? Sirf uske thoughts se itna kharab reaction nikalta hai toh Maa ke kehne pe usko naukri pe rakhungi toh kya hoga? No, I can't employ him again at any cost. I need peace of mind. Agle candidate ko naukri de dungi, waise bhi woh nahi aaya. Agar maa ne pucha toh main keh dungi ki he didn't come and I appointed someone else already.

Exactly after 15 minutes, there was a knock on the door. She looked at the right-hand corner of her laptop screen for the time. Letting out a deep sign, she ran her fingers into her hair.

"Come in", she said and twisted in her chair to pick the receiver of the landline to call the office boy to get her a coffee, when she finds a cup of Starbucks hot coffee being kept on her table. Lifting her up her eyelashes, her brown orbs met with Sidharth's eyes. His lips curved into a delicate smile which transported her to 7 years back to the class of first year B.Com, when the young boy who captured her eyes and heart, had smiled at her.

"Yes, Madam..", the office boys voice broke their brief eyelock along with her thoughts.

"Kuch nahi..", she spoke into the receiver and banged it into its holder. Sensing his gaze over her, she quietly gestured him to occupy the chair infront of her.