● ● ● ● ●

The group, minus the children, could be seen looking at Jim, who was sitting some distance away from them.

"Let's just chop him and the dead girl over the head and be done with it." Daryl said.

"Would you like that? Have them do that to you?" Shane asked somewhat irritated.

"Yes and I would appreciate it." He replied quickly.

"I hate to say it, I never thought I would, but I think Daryl is right." Dale opined.

"Why don't we wait for him to transform and then kill him?" Alexander asked.

"And risk him killing us? No thanks." Daryl retorted.

"Jim is not a monster Dale, nor is he a mad dog." Rick said already angrily.

"I'm not saying it's-" Dale tried to say only to be interrupted by Rick.

"He is sick, he is a sick man. If we go that way where we draw the line?" Rick opined.

"The limit is very clear, zero tolerance for walkers or future walkers." Dary retorted.

"How cold." Alexander said, half disagreeing with the idea of his friend.

"What if we can help you? I heard the CDC is looking for a cure." Rick informed.

"I heard it too before the world went to hell." Shane said.

"What if the CDC keeps running?" Rick asked hopefully.

"Dude, I highly doubt that." Shane retorted.

"Why? If there's anything left of the government, if there's any structure, they'll protect the CDC at all costs, don't you think?" He asked Shane. "I think it's our best chance. Shelter, protection, rescue-" He started to say only to be interrupted by Shane.

"Okay, you want those things, right? Me too, okay? Okay, if they do exist, they're at Fort Benning Army Base." He reported giving his opinion.

"It's a hundred miles in the opposite direction." Lori contributed.

"Exactly, and it's far from the risk zone, listen to me if it's still standing they'll have a lot of weapons... and we'll be safe there." Shane said.

"You're right, why risk going to the CDC when we don't know if it's even still operating? I'd rather we take a chance on Fort Benning." Alexander contributed agreeing with the idea of his godfather.

"The military was in charge of this." Rick said.

"But it surpassed them!" Shane shot back.

"The CDC is the best option and the only opportunity for Jim." Rick said seriously.

"You go get some aspirin, do what you want. Someone must have the guts to take care of the problem!" Daryl yelled as he reached for Jim to plunge the pick he was holding into his head.

"Hey, hey! We don't kill the living." Rick said as he pointed his revolver at him, which stopped Daryl.

"It's funny being told by someone who's pointing it at my head." He retorted staring at him.