Chapter 19

The sun streamed through the penthouse windows and right into Bri's tired eyes. She groaned and turned her face to it was blocked from the sun.

'Morning.' Tony whispered into her ear.

She smiled as she played with his large hand.

'I think we can tell Jarvis we're sick for the day.' He said before kissing her neck softly.

'That'd be nice.' She said snuggling closer to him.

He smiled as she rested her head on his bare chest.

'Did I tell you I love you?' He whispered as he played with her hair.

'Multiple times last night.' She said kissing him softly.

A weight that had been resting on Bri's shoulders for the past couple of months had been lifted the minute she kissed Tony in the rain yesterday. She also went farther with him than she had with anyone else before so now Tegan couldn't hold it over her head that she still had her V -card.

*

'I just feel so angry!' Tegan yelled as she punched a pillow.

'Darling, getting angry won't bring the baby back.' Steve said wrapping her into a hug.

Tegan cried into his chest as he rubbed her back soothingly. He'd been given time off to help Tegan deal with the pain that came with her miscarriage.

'Why don't we go grab some breakfast and go to the movies?' Steve offered.

Tegan looked up at him with her blue eyes glistening with tears and nodded.

'That's my girl.' Steve said smiling down at her.

He couldn't lie and say that this wasn't effecting him too but he knew he had to stay strong for Tegan's sake. They walked into a local diner and sat at the booth at the very back.

'I'm going to the mens room, you'll me alright?' Steve said once they were settled.

Tegan nodded and watched as Steve left. In the speed of a blink someone else replaced him.

'Hello.' They said in their thick accent.

'Hi.' Tegan said eyeing Pietro.

'You're friends with Bri right?' He asked eyeing her.

'Yes, and this matters because?' She snapped.

He raised his brows for a moment before taking her hand in his from across the table.

'You're just emotional because of your baby.'

Tegan stood up from the booth and walked over to the other side so she could have a better view of Pietro. In one swift movement he had a red hand print slapped across his face.

'Mention the baby one more time and you'll have a lot worse than a slap!' She called after him as he flashed out.

'Easy there.' Steve whispered in her ear.

She was still fuming when he settled her down in the booth and stroked her hand comfortingly with his thumb.

'Where is Bri?' She asked suddenly.

'Well, Stark called in sick today and so did Bri so-' Steve trailed off as he smirked.

'You don't think?' Tegan asked suddenly forgetting all that had happened to her in the past weeks.

The old drama-loving Tegan was back and Steve couldn't be happier.

'What do you say we skip the movie and go find out?' He asked with a mischievous glint in his eyes.

'That'd be mean.' Tegan said grinning.

'It wouldn't be the first time we ruined one of their moments.' Steve said raising a brow.

Tegan caved and the next thing they knew they were in the elevator of Stark tower.

'What're we going to say if we catch them?' Tegan asked smirking.

'We'll just wing it.' Steve reply.

'Because that always goes well.' Tegan said rolling her eyes right as the doors to the elevator opened.

They poked around the penthouse and found no sight of either of them.

'Steve, look at this.' Tegan said holding up one of Bri's shoes.

Steve smirked and walked over to her.

'Bri's room is empty and so is everywhere else. The only place we haven't looked is Stark's room.'

Tegan smiled mischievously and walked to the door Steve was talking about. She knocked on the door and waited for a reply. She was going to barge in but wasn't sure if she was prepared to see what might be happening on the other side.