Chapter 5

Steve looked down and admired Tegan, halfway through their third movie her sugar rush fell and she fell asleep on him. He brushed a stand of blonde hair out of her face and watched how at peace she looked. The thought of Jack seemed to be far from her and Steve couldn't be happier.

*

'Mr Stark, you never told me what my hours were.' Bri said as Tony fiddled with a gadget at the work station next to hers.

'Well, Pepper used to work whenever I needed her which was made easy by her living here.' He said not looking up.

Pepper, great. How was Bri supposed to make up for Tony's ex-lover?

'I worked nine to five with Fury.' She said.

He looked up and their dark eyes met.

'Whenever you want to come in you can. If you can't come in for a day just call me so I know you're okay.'

Bri felt butterflies in her stomach. No, she couldn't like him.

'Thank you, Mr Stark.' She said smiling slightly.

'Please, call me Tony.' He said still barring into her eyes.

They looked at each other for another moment longer until Bri turned away. She couldn't handle the way his eyes made her legs feel like jelly or the way his smile shot shocks through her body.

'Could you help me with this?' He said interrupting her thoughts.

She walked over to him and he handed her a blowtorch.

'What do I need to do?' She asked slightly nervous.

'Click that button and direct it over here while I hold the metal in place.'

She held down the button just as he said until her finger slipped and the fire went out.

'S-Sorry.' She stammered nervously.

At S.H.I.E.L.D there was now room for mistakes so she was used to accuracy.

'No problem.' He said softly.

He reached for the torch with his free hand and helped her hold down the button. When their fingers touched Bri almost passed out. He shouldn't be causing her to feel this way. What what wrong with her? When she was done with helping him both of their hands lingered on the torch until Tony took his hand away.

'Thanks.' He said looking up.

Bri was scarlet in the cheeks and she knew it.

'No problem.' She mumbled and headed back to her desk.

After lunch a delivery came.

'This is for a Miss Bri De Mel.' The mail woman said.

She looked at her quizzically before signing for the package and unwrapping it. She gasped at the sight of it, a record player. She'd always wanted one but never got around to buying it because of how expensive the old school ones she wanted were. She examined the package and looked for a card but there was none.

'Already getting your personal mail sent here on you first day?' Tony said with a smirk as he passed by.

'No, Mr Stark.' She said hastily.

'Call me Tony.' He chimed before walking into his office and closing the door.

She looked at the present and couldn't believe that someone would send such an expensive gift without even taking credit for it. She closed the box and sat happily in her chair. After hours of being alone she turned on the radio.

'I love Billy Joel, Jarvis.' She said smirking.

'Mr William Martin Joel is an excellent musician indeed.' Jarvis replied.

Bri smiled at Jarvis' nonstop facts. After a tiring first day Bri finally decided to leave. She yelled goodbye to Tony but stopped when she saw a supermodel trudge past and slip into his office. As if he would want anything with a regular girl like Bri. She drove home feeling slightly discouraged and stopped in her tracks when she saw Steve's motorcycle in the driveway.

'Please don't be sucking face.' She whispered to herself as she unlocked the door.

She swung it open and closed her eyes slightly being unsure of what to expect. Steve was in an extremely uncomfortable position on the couch and Tegan was sleeping with her head rested on him. Bri sighed and shook Steve.

'Wha-' He said looking around.

'Go to bed.' She said pointing at her room.

Her house may have been nice but she wasn't smart enough to buy one with a guest room. Steve looked at her for a moment with a groggy expression on his face until he got the hint and picked up Tegan easily. He lead her to the room and tucked her in before taking the end of the bed as far away from her as he could be. He may have a fat crush on her but he never seized to be a gentleman and Bri applauded him for that. Bri made sure they were both sleeping before she started cleaning their mess.

'Slobs.' She said under her breathe as she picked up carton upon carton of ice cream.

Her only worry now was where is she going to sleep?