01 | first step

CHAPTER ONE.
"FIRST STEP"

·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙ ✩ *̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙

.·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙ ✩ *̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙ .

hyunjin wiped his tears for the last time before walking out of his room and heading down the big steps, towards the main room of the palace. he walked through the big door and met with his family who was patiently waiting for him.

"hyunjin." his father, the king, called out first. the boy brought his chin up to look at his father, his eyes slightly red from all the tears he let escape.

"yes, father?" the prince politely responded while sniffling a little.

"i have big news for you and your siblings. please, have a seat son." the father demanded nicely, and hyunjin immediately listened. he took a seat on the pearly white sofa next to his father.

"what is it?" he asks quickly.

the king let out a soft sigh before breaking the news to everyone, "me and your mother have suggested that, we will be sending you and your siblings down to a public school."

hyunjin's eyes widened at the statement. he felt a shock wave going through his body and wanted to refuse this new life, but he stayed silent. however, his younger brother couldn't.

"what?! dad! you can't do that...we can't possibly go down to a public school that is filled with commoners! we're royalty!" the younger brother said while standing up for the armchair he was sitting on.

"niki, please take a seat. i know this is hard but—"

the youngest prince rudely interrupted his father, "there's no buts! you don't know what could happen to us dad! if those people know we are royalty, who knows what they are capable of!"

"yeji, please calm your brother down." their mother demanded in a soft tone.

the princess immediately went towards his younger brother and calmed him down eventually. hyunjin was staring at his father intensely without even realizing.

the king snapped his fingers and the prince was snapped back into reality.

"you guys will be packing up now. i had rented an apartment for you guys so i will be telling your driver the address."

"wait—now? does that mean we're leaving tomorrow?" yeji asks, shifting her eyes to the king.

the king nodded before excusing his children up to their rooms to pack up their stuff.