𝒊. someone's coming.

01x03﹐someone's coming

THE FOREST at night has never been a safe place

THE FOREST at night has never been a safe place. Even during the day, no one couldn't ask for the forest to be called a safe place.

Avery thought otherwise, or at least she had the illusion that nothing bad could happen in the woods.

Despite the strange and inexplicable animal attacks, the girl tried to think positively, due to the peaceful neighborhood where she and Nefeli lived.

Already an hour of running made her head think properly, and the blood was buzzing in all her veins, giving her the strength to run.

The cold wind brushed against her blouse-covered shoulders, making her momentarily stunned.

She put her hands on her knees and, leaning forward, took deep breaths of air. The last nights were hard for the brunette to live. Sleep did not come easily to her, and the mere feeling of someone's presence gave her extra goosebumps.

And so it was at that moment, when Avery heard a wolf howl in the distance, she immediately felt the hairs on her arms stand on end. She turned sharply, looking in every direction.

They're just wolves, Avery. Breathe calmly, she told herself in her head, trying to even out her breathing.

The howling became louder, her breathing quickened despite her attempts to control it. The girl had a feeling that something was moving in the trees behind her. She turned around, certain that on her way she would meet a serial killer.

Because only such people hid in the forests.

The clang of a broken branch caused the girl's heart to beat with much more force against her ribs, causing pain. She thought her heart wanted to jump out of her chest.

Avery began to run through the trees, looking for some place where the hidden killer wouldn't find her. She kept turning around to make sure no one was following her.

She was scared.

Adrenaline began to work in her, causing stimulation and acceleration of her arduous run.