Forty: Shaken [1]

Start from the beginning

'Eloise!'

"How are you doing, Rinalyn?"

Just from her voice made Rinalyn tremble more. She was disgusted; how dare she call her name with such an endearing tone, disgusting, disgusting, disgusting!!

Eloise smile grew wider as she had gotten a better look at Rinalyn's expression.

'Ah~ what a delightful sight.' 

Rinalyn flinched and her eyes darted away as Eloise abruptly leaned in and lifted her chin. Eloise took great pleasure in Rinalyn's misery.

Eloise felt a great power emitting through Rinalyn; she could tell that the core she had implanted had increased in strength.

Her experiment seemed to be succeeding.

Rinalyn was undoubtedly just an ordinary ginue pig for Eloise, despite the fact that she saw Rinalyn as a daughter figure.

Eloise said, holding Rinalyn's chin, "I want to take you now, but I think that can wait; that man would blow me off if I were to ignore his commands. But it doesn't matter because I can now keep an eye on you whenever I want since I've already snuck into your class as a student."

—!!!

'S... she had been disguising herself as a student in class A? Since when?! This is... this is dangerous— I need to do something, if only my body can move!'

No matter how hard Rinalyn struggled, she was unable to escape Eloise's magic since their powers were so drastically different.

Click.

"Ah, it looks like your friend is here. Rinalyn, I'll see you in class."

Once Eloise released her, she disappeared while still sporting that horrible smirk.

"Are you awake, Rinalyn? I'm sorry, I just had to take a bathroom break."

Rei, who had just returned from the restroom next door, noticed Rinalyn looking scared.

She hurriedly approached her friend, panicking as she could see that she was panting heavily. "Rinalyn! What's wrong? Did something happen?!" she exclaimed.

"I- I'm fine..." Rinalyn replied.

"A...are you sure?" Rei wanted to affirm, to her Rinalyn looked really pale, which just risen her worries.

But it seems as though Rinalyn persist to be fine and Rei couldn't help but just go along with it.

'Could it be? Did Eloise visited her? Argh! Shouldn't have left—I shouldn't have gone out at all!!'  Rei thought, but it was no use feeling the sense of regret for it already happened.

"Ah, thank you."

Rei handed Rinalyn a glass of water to cool her down.

None of them brought up any conversation; Rei thought that, it wouldn't do any good to say things. She doubt it'll make the atmosphere lighter.

She had known Rinalyn since they were approximately 3 years old; it was also the fact that their parents were friends. They were inseparable.

Although, despite her saying that they're inseparable. Rinalyn had more closure towards her brother, Shiki; they were the type of kids that no matter where the other go, the other will follow them. Rei remember how Rinalyn would just run off and play with her brother instead; but it didn't really concern her, after all there's always an annoying prick who would annoy her after.

'Hmmmm... I shouldn't probably let Shiki know about Eloise being present in the academy.'

***

The forty minute break was once again over, yet for some reason, Marvin and Zelde hadn't come back; to be precise, the break had been over a long time ago, presumably an hour ago.

Chatters of students filled the arena, wondering why hadn't the two proctor came yet; their excitement was changed to bewilderment.

Even class A, was baffled about the whole situation. They couldn't really say that the two proctor does not know their time, that's just BS. If there was someone who's sensitive about time, it would be those two.

'Did something happen? Why aren't they here yet?' Luna thought.

'Who knows, probably got distracted by something.' Replied Agapius, nonchalantly.

Luna then glance at the yawning beasts beside her. 'You...you two did something, didn't you?'

'Wow, I didn't know you accuse people just like that, Dizian.' Aella said. 'Bold of you to assume I'm joining Agapius with his crazy idea. Humph!'

'A notification would pop up any moment now.' Implied suddenly by Agapius.

"Wha—"

Just as she was about to comment on what Agapius said, as if on cue, the blue translucent screen appeared in front of her.

[ Task

   Find the 'Double-crosser' and be rewarded!

Reward: Holographic Copy of The secluded book -Pages from 1 to ???-

Remaining time: No limit  ]

—!!!