It’s summer, the weather is so fine.

He wanders his eyes then he frowns when he saw someone familiar to him. “Chul! Kim Chul!”

The said Kim Chul turns to see who’s calling him and he smiles awkwardly when he saw Soobin waving and smiling at him. He started walking towards the doctor and sits beside him.

“W-wow… It’s really been so long, Trashbin— I mean, Soobin,” Chul greeted the doctor and scans him. “You looks great and also congratulations, doc!”

Soobin chuckles, “Thanks for that! How are you? Still bullying people?”

“Oh damn, please don’t remind me of such childishness,” Chul grimaced and almost faceplamed himself. “That was so wrong,” he added and they both laugh.

Soobin nods, “Don’t worry, it’s a secret!” Soobin joked.

“But for real, Soobin. I’m really sorry about what happened. I know it was so long ago already but it’s better to ask for forgiveness that never, right?”

Soobin just smiles at him, “Don’t worry about it, it’s all done,” he replied. “You’re forgiven. Let’s live the way we want to live our life,” he added.

“You’re so cool, man,” Chul laughs. “But… But if we just know about it, we might have saved you or what that night… Do you remember Lim Taekwang? He's actually boss' friend, and Taekwang has a gang before full of rascals... if we just know it... then maybe...”

Soobin paused when Chul said it. He tried to calm himself when he heard it and then he smiles. “It was my fault too… I thought I can handle it myself. I was so selfish,” he stated.

“N-no… Yeonjun was so mad that day,” Chul said.

When Soobin heard Yeonjun’s name, he put all his attention to Chul. “W-why? What do you mean? Do you… Do you know why did he left just like that?”

Chul pursed his lips first. “No… After he visited you to the hospital, he went really quiet. We can’t talk to him. He’s out of himself then after those we just heard that Hansol died. It was an accident, they said. He fell off somewhere high. Then Yeonjun took the special exams together with Hueningkai and that was the last time I saw them.”

Soobin observes how Chul’s eyes move, how his lips moves, how his body reacts— Chul’s saying the truth. Soobin sighs and looks down. “I see…” he muttered and look at Chul again as he nods. “I never know about that.”

“But some says, Yeonjun pushed him off the building.”

“What?”

“Some says, Hansol’s unrecognizable when the responders arrived. His bones are broken, one of his ribs broke too, his face is full of bruises and he’s just so fucked up but the authority concluded it was due to his fall. B-but I found it absurd too,” Chul explained and shook his head then sighs.

“N-no… Yeonjun can’t do that… He can’t kill someone…” Soobin whispered and bit his shaky lips.

“Yes of course! Yeonjun’s an asshole but… But he’s not that demon to do such thing just to a-avenge you,” Chul tried his best not to stammer. “Anyways, the last time I meet Taemin, he said that Yeonjun’s doing great,” he changed the topic.

“He does? I wonder what he does for a living…”

“He’s a lawyer now! He’s a good one actually. He solves cases in a snap! Well, it’s given because his mom—“

“He’s a what? Lawyer?” Soobin asks, hoping he didn’t hear it right.

“Yeah? He is! Isn’t great? I knew he’s going to be one—“

Soobin cuts him off again, “No… H-he wants to see…” Soobin paused when he felt his tight getting tighten and he closed his eyes to calm himself.

“Y-you okay?” Chul panicked a bit.

Soobin breathes out deeply and stands up. “Nice seeing you, Chul. I still have my duty, I gotta go,” Soobin excused and went to the counter to get his order.

“Ah wait! It’s our school’s alumni next week. I hope you’ll come. I know you don’t have that good memory but… I-if you just want too. Nice seeing you too, Dr. Choi.”

Soobin saw Chul went out with someone and Soobin almost fall from where he’s standing good thing he found support to one of the chairs. He wanted to cry again but he needs to stop it. He needs to stop being pathetic already.

If Soobin will go to the said event, is he going to see Yeonjun?

--
A/N: Hello! Next week is our final week, last five chapters left, last five days. I just wanna say thank you to those who stayed and those who are here since it started. No matter what will be the ending of this story, no matter what emotion you're going to feel, no matter what you feel towards me, I just want you to appreciate it as a whole. There's only five chapters and I want you all to enjoy this ride. Hold on tight, we're about to hit the ground, safely and whole. See you next week, people! My dm is always open for conversation, by the way. Lovelots❤️