Disguised Devil

Everything was fine for the first week. However, I was served with a surprise on my second week.

Tensai was hired as a researcher for the program too. Unfortunately, jealousy got the best of him. He couldn't accept the higher-ups decision to hire me as the head researcher with the excuse of he's better than me.

I didn't show any protest when he said that to the higher-ups. It was the truth, after all. I've never had the thought that I'm better at him. But the higher-ups ignored his tantrum.

Even though filled with tantrum, he didn't back down from the program. But it was weird. Tensai had never been this childish before. By the end of the week, I finally knew why he was in bad mood. It was because his marriage had been set. He told me that himself when we went out for a drink.

I didn't blame him for what happened at the start of the week. We made up not too long after. However, our friendship just became worse and worse to the point where we didn't talk even during work. What's the reason for that? I wasn't sure myself.

I tried to talk to him a lot of times but he acted like I was never existed.

Tensai.

I want us to make up with each other.

I want us to be like before.

Sitting next to each other in a bar and laughing our problems off.

Tensai.

What did I do wrong?

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Kashi: That's basically it.

Me: I see.

Sara: So there's no way for us to convince that guy to order his student to retreat.

Hana: Seems like it.

Me: Well, I'd like to put this matter aside for now. Hana-san, do you mind telling me your story?

Hana just smiled at me.

Hana: You didn't win the game and nor do I, right?

Me:... Right.

Kashi once again smiled warmly before ruffling my hair.

Kashi: We'll tell you two when the time comes.

Sara: You know what made her mom changed?

Kashi: Yes. The only thing I can is, Hana and I have a few things in common.

Me: I see. Well, one more thing, Kashi-san.

Kashi: What is it?

Me: Can you tell me why you decided to take Sara in after she dropped out from the school?

Kashi fell silent after hearing that.

Sara: Is it... Too personal?

Kashi: No. Not really.

He sighed.

Kashi: "One is enough, there's no way I'll raise another child the same way as this." That's my thought when I was still raising you two in that place. After I found out that she dropped out from the program, I immediately took her in because I want to give the love that I wasn't able to give to you guys back then.

Hana: We were also planning to take (Y/N) in after he graduated from that place, but Sora and Hotaru managed to get him first. And what I did on that island was to get you forcefully. Sorry about that.

Me: I see. So basically you felt guilty.

Kashi: That's the other way to put it.

Me: Well, I guess that's enough for today. I'll go home now. See you guys later.

Kashi: Yeah, see ya.

Hana: Later, (Y/N).

I stood up and walked to the door and was followed by Sara.

Sara: So... We don't really get anything today.

Me: Well, I did get something.

Sara: Really?

Me: Yeah. I'll tell you about it if my hypothesis is right.

Sara: Got it.

I wore my shoes and opened the door.

Me: See you tomorrow, Sara.

Sara: Yeah, see you.

She said while smiling. I returned the smile and walked off.

I took out my phone and texted someone while walking.

"Hey, sorry for troubling you, but can I ask for your help?"

The person answered about a minute later.

"If it's something I can do, I'll gladly help."

I typed my request.

"Remember the first-year we met the other day? Can you help me get his contact? I'm not good at striking conversations."

"You mean Yagami-kun? Sure, I'll try."

"Thanks, Kayano."

"You welcome 😉"

Let's see if you can be a useful tool, disguised devil.

To be continued...