It's Just Me

Summary: you look for Vada after the shooting, and find her in the washroom, so she seeks comfort from you.

TW: Trauma, shooting
——

Your legs trembled and you tried not to panic when you couldn't find Vada anywhere. The police had come and were taking Matt Corgan from the classroom next to yours, where he had gone after opening fire in your classroom. You'd hastily hid inside the book cupboard, which he didn't fire at. Unfortunately, your best friend, Jessie Hale, was shot, along with a few other kids. You didn't think, you immediately rushed to her, thinking of what to do in order to prevent any more blood loss.

Your mother was a paramedic, and on a few occasions where she had to take you on an assignment, you'd learned a few things. Your T-shirt was stained with blood, like your hands, and it nearly made you throw up.

When the teacher gave the all-clear, and you shot off to the bathroom, because your only thought was Vada, who you knew had gone there only moments before.

You found her trembling with Mia Reed and Quinton Hasland in a stall.

"Fuck, Y/n is that your blood?" Vada squeaked through tears.

"No, it's Jessie's," you said, tearing up. "She—she was shot and I didn't know where you were, and everything's gone to shit oh my god—"

Before you could continue your rant, you felt her smaller figure tackle you in a fierce hug, which you immediately reciprocated, burying your face in her hair. She broke down crying again, and all you could do was hold her, getting blood on her T-shirt by mistake.

"I seriously thought you were dead," she said, her whole body quaking. "I heard the gunshots and I remembered you were in class and I was so damn worried—" she let go of you and looked at you with worry and fear in her eyes, cupping your face in her hands.

You let her pull you in a kiss, right there in the washroom, with a shaken up Mia and Quinton watching.

"My place, after school." You whispered, pulling away. "I've go to go help some of the others okay?"

"Sure," she nodded, trembling like a leaf. "Promise?"

"Promise, baby." You kissed her forehead before dashing away to put your amateur paramedic skills to use.

———
three aM sParkS iNspOraTioN