Calls and Work Visits

Summary: You're a teacher, and sometimes, Jenna either calls you up while you're teaching, or just to hand you lunch if you've forgotten it. One day, when there's a fire in the school, she gets concerned.

A/n: in this, you're 21, and an English teacher.

---

"Okay, now for our fun reading assignment, I did ask you to read one modern book, and one classic, as well as write a comparison of them. So, I noticed many of you stuck with the romance genre, and a few others went with dark fantasy. So, can you each tell me what your chosen story is about for the modern book? You asked, leaning your back against your desk and crossing your arms. "Let's start from you, Kindra." You pointed at a young girl on your extreme right.

"Okay, so I chose the book 'Not Good For Maidens'," she started, "It's basically about how this girl Lou has never believed in superstitions or magic, but then her teenage aunt Neela is kidnapped and taken to the Goblin Market. Lou has only heard stories of the Goblin Market as a place full of dark temptation for any human who wanders there. So in order to save Neela, Lou has to learn spells and tricks to protect her as she navigates the market. What's more, Lou only has three days to find Neela before the market takes her forever. It's kind of a spin-off from Christina Rosetti's 'Goblin Market'."

"Very good, Kindra," you smiled. "Now see guys, she chose a dark fantasy novel, but with a twist. Christina Rosetti was a poet. And an extremely sapphic one. The author here has clearly found a connection to certain parts of the poem, 'Goblin Market', and--" Your phone rang all of a sudden, and you picked it up, seeing Jenna's caller ID blinking on the screen. "Sorry guys, gimme a second, I have to take this."

You answered the call, and said in a low voice, "Hey baby, is everything okay? I'm kind of in the middle of a class right now."

"Shit, sorry!" She exclaimed. "I was calling up to ask you if you wanted Starbucks after work. I though you were on lunch break..."

"All good, honey," you chuckled. "But I'll take a mocha, thank you."

"Okay, see you after work!" She laughed. "I love you, angel!"

"I love you too, baby." You smiled, cutting the call.

"Who was it?" Asked another student named Sophie.

You placed your phone back down on the desk and chuckled, "Girlfriend."

Everyone 'oooh'-ed like ten year olds, making you laugh. Sure they were your students, but the thing that made you the most likeable teacher was that you were fun as well as easygoing, so they were comfortable asking you anything within reason.

Laughing, you clapped your hands, "Okay, before we veer off topic..."

--Time Skip--

You sat in the staff room, chatting with the History teacher.

"Okay, but have you seen those two boys, Mason and Harry?" Asked Mrs. Smith, the history teacher.

"Oh, I think they're in my class!" You chuckled, "Well, they're total OTP material."

"Absolutely," chimed in Mr. Garrison, the math teacher. "The way Harry looks at Mason is just...damn. My own wife doesn't look at me like that!"

The secretary knocked on the door, saying, "Ms. L/n, you've got a visitor. She says its an emergency."

You walked quickly to the reception area, and saw Jenna standing there, lunch bag in hand. You laughed and took it from her, pressing a quick kiss to her lips. "Thank you," you smiled, "I'll be home late, I've got a staff meeting today."