Purple flowers

Hermione's POV

I was sitting by Ron at the Gryffindor table, waiting for the feast to start. Finally McGonagall gets up to give her beginning of the year speech. But when she starts talking, I'm not really listening because Ron rubbing his hand up and down my leg. It's making my brain go all fuzzy with excitement. But I suddenly get this feeling like someone is watching me. So I look around, and see Malfoy staring at me. Then he suddenly looks away.  Then food appears and Ron goes to stuffing his face and removes his hand from my leg, of course. Then I get the feeling that someone is watching me again. So I look back at Malfoy, but he is not the one looking at me, so I scaned the Slytherin table, and saw Isabelle Lastrange staring at her like her life depended on it.
"Hermione, why is Isabelle Lastrange staring at you like that?" Harry asked.
"I- I don't know."

##########################

When everyone was done eating McGonagall escorted Malfoy and I to our private common room.

Finally, after going through many many corridor's we came to the portrait of the big gray fish. The McGonagall turned around and said "The password is purple flowers. There are three doors, one leads to Mr. Malfoy's room and one leads to yours Miss Granger. The other leads to the bathroom that you will be sharing."  Then she turned around and left.

"Purple flowers." Draco said clearly. He stepped back and said "Ladies first." So I walked the portrait hole, and looked around. There was a huge living room area with a couch and two similar comfy looking chairs. There was a full kitchen, with a refrigerator and sink. On the wall to the right of us there were two bookshelves, one red and one black. But in between the two hugh bookshelves were three doors. So I walked up to the one that was closets to me and opened it. It was a room full of Gryffindor colors.
"This one is mine." I said to Malfoy.
So I went to the next one. It was the bathroom.
"So I'm guessing the next one is mine?" Malfoy said right behind me, which made me jump. I did not want to ever be this close to him. Ever.
He noticed my discomfort and took a step back. The I opened the last door and found Slytherin colors. What a shocker.
Then I backed up and went to unload my stuff.

I heard a someone knocking on my door while I was trying to get dressed for bed.
"Hold on for just a minute."
When I put the shirt over my head, and went to the door knowing who was on the other side of it. When I got to the door I said
"What do you want Malfoy?"
"Can I talk to you for a moment?"
"Why should I talk to you."
"Because I'm trying to apologize to you."
"Oh." Was all I said before I gestured for him to come in and sit down in the desk chair. So I sat on the bed and let him speak.

####################################################

Draco's POV

I was sitting on the couch thinking of how I'm going to apologize to Granger for all of the horrible things I did to her in the past.
I sat the for about another twenty minutes thinking. Then finally I sighed and stood up to go and knock on Granger's door, hoping that she will forgive me.
Knock, knock, knock.
"Hold on for just a minute."
Then I heard some rustling around, then she opened the door and said.
"What do you want Malfoy"
"Can I talk to you for a moment." I said looking down at her, staring at her beautiful whiskey colored brown eyes.
"Why should I talk to you."
"Because I am trying to apologize to you."