eight

kyles pov!!

The days have flown by. School has been in session for weeks now and (Y/n) and I have barely hung out. And when we do hang out, she's always talking to either Stan, Kenny, or Cartman.

"I miss when you didn't want to be around them," I muttered under my breath, forgetting we were in a group setting. All of the guys and (Y/n) were at my house playing videogames.

"What is it, babe?" She asked, lifting her head up from her controller. Her voice was so sweet. I was addicted to it. I began to smile at her but then took in the scene and my entire body filled with anger. Stan was sitting in front of the TV, and so was Kenny and (Y/n). But (Y/n) had her back pressed up against Kenny's chest as she sat cross-legged.

"What the fuck is going on?" I yelled, not quite thinking before I asked. (Y/n) jumped up from her spot and scurried over to me, placing her hands on mine.

"Kyle! I'm so sorry, I didn't realize we were so close! Kenny was just trying to help me get the controls down on the new game Stan brought!"

I was still fuming. But I wasn't upset with (Y/n). I was extremely angry with Kenny. I made eye contact with him and his face was sad and he gave me a knowing look.

You don't know shit.

His facial expression brought me back to the night of my date with (Y/n):

"Kyle can I confess something to you?"

"Uh, of course Kenny. What is it?" I said, shifting my hands. Kenny had just brought me outside of my room, away from the guys. He was never the type to want to talk about serious things, let along confessions.

"I think I like (Y/n). I mean, I really like her," Kenny said as he shut the door to my bedroom.

"Are you serious?" I tried to whisper to keep myself from yelling, "you're only going to hurt her and use her for sex!"

"Whatever, Kyle," Kenny sighed and walked back into my room.

Fuck. He likes her? I can't let him get to her before I do.

I sat there, pondering as I watched Stan and Kenny play their game.

What do I do? Should I message her? Ask her out? ..I can't ask her out over text, that's so unromantic. But . . . that may be my only chance. I can't let Kenny get her.

I whipped my phone out and went to (Y/n)'s contact. And quickly typed out my message:

Kyle: I know it's early
right now, but I was
wondering if you'd
want to go out to eat
tonight? My treat

(Y/n): yeah i'd love to go!
what time?

Kyle: Perfect! I'll
pick you up at 7pm

"Oh my god, guys, she said yes!"

"That's awesome, Kyle!" Stan responded first.

Kenny cocked his head and squinted his eyes. "Who said yes? Yes to what?"

I smiled at him, my heart booming with pride, "(Y/n)! I'm taking her to dinner tonight and asking her to be my girlfriend,"

Kenny stared at me with a look that showed absolute betrayal. It stung my heart a little bit, but I couldn't falter. I want her. And I can't allow him to get to her first.

. . .

"Kyle, honey? Are you okay?" A sweet voice took me out of my memory.

"Yes, I'm alright. I'm tired guys, maybe you should go,"

(Y/n) looked at me with sad eyes as both Kenny and Stan walked out. She began to follow them up until I grabbed her hand.

"No. Please stay,"

She nodded and climbed into my bed. I pulled my blanket over us and wrapped my arms around her. I was still wearing jeans but I didn't care too much. I just wanted to sleep here with her. I buried my face into the crook of her neck and breathed in her scent. She smelled amazing.