30 days without an accident 4.01

The people we had taken in from Woodberry were in love with Daryl at this point it was unbearable. Miles and Carl both hated having all these people living with us. Carl always had to get up and do chores and My dad tried to get him to make friends but it was useless. The only person Carl would talk to was Patrick and Carl swears he has a crush on me, yeah he's nice but he is really awkward. Carl hadn't been out on a run since the governor disappeared and the accident with that kid happened. My dad and Carl both hadn't touched there guns since that day either. I went on runs more often or at least when Daryl or Glenn would let me.   

"Hey not this time, okay?" Daryl rubbed my head "fine." I pushed his hand off my head. 

"Rae!" Carl yelled from the yard and pointed towards the gate, Michonne came riding in on her horse, she had been gone for a bit looking for the governor. "Somebody hit the jackpot." she pulled out a bunch of comics for Carl and I "thank you." Carl blurted out. 

Michonne left with Daryl and the rest of them, "stay safe!" I shouted as they drove away. My dad gave Carl and I the talk about our chores and going to story time and hanging out with Patrick, all things we heard everyday for the past month. 

"Hey idiot, what are you doing?" I said to Miles while laying on the bed next to him, "trying to figure out what's wrong with me." he replied 

"what's on your mind." I asked, staring at him. "do you think Carl likes Patrick?" He looked at me. "yeah?" I sat up and turned to him "you jealous?" I laughed nudging his arm. "it's stupid.", "you like him." I had known for a while now that Miles had a crush on him. "what? no." he was shaking at this point "I- maybe, okay.", "well he definitely doesn't like you." I laughed, he sat up and punched me in the arm and we both burst out laughing. 

Carl came stomping in and shoved me over so he could sit down next to us. "What's up with you?" Miles asked, trying to hide his laughter "yeah grumpy pants, what'd dad do now?" I asked, sitting up next to him. 

"Carol is teaching the kids how to use weapons, and how to kill walkers." he replied "and?" Miles added "and, their parents don't know." Carl said, still seemingly pissed, "this isn't about the kids is it?" I turned to look at him "I think this is about dad and going on runs, and your gun." I said with a stiff look on my face. "Okay, maybe it is." Carl said looking back at me "Rae, I didn't mean to kill that kid, I just didn't want him to hurt anyone." Carl said laying down on the bed "I know." I said laying down next to him "we know." Miles replied lying next to me. 

"Now I'm out, goodnight you butts!" I shouted leaving the room and going to bed. 

since this one is kinda short ill post the next chapter later tonight <3