𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒𝟏 : 𝔹ℝ𝔸𝕋

Start from the beginning

“ Oh !” Kotei followed his gaze.“ This is Tora ! Tora climbed up too but couldn't climb down. So Kotei helped. But now both Tora and Kotei are stuck. Tora say hi !” She enthusiastically pulled her paw and waved it at Kinoshita who was frantically thinking on his next move.

Jeez, Kageyama is so careless. But knowing Kotei, she totally sneaked out of her house. This mischievous child...

Tora, a very moody cat who is adored by almost the entire neighborhood and likes to be pampered, didn't give a damn about a child. She especially liked Semi’s attention but since then this child wouldn't leave her alone. She's sick and tired of her. Now that she hogged all her resting place, there's no point fooling around. Thus, she leaped out of Kotei's grasp and climbed down the tree, effortlessly, leaving the child behind.

Glancing over her shoulder, Tora seemed to give her what looked like a sassy look and with attitude, walked away in a very fashionable manner, her tail bending side to side. Kinoshita sweatdropped as he witnessed the cat escaping the scene abandoning her comrade, shamelessly.

“ Tora, wait !” Kotei called out. She tried to get down but couldn't. She didn't know how.

“ Calm down, Kotei ! Hisashi nii will save you !” He yelled before getting into a stance. There's no other option but to climb the tree.

Awkwardly, he placed his limbs against the tree trunk. Attempting to hook his claws onto the bark he realised he didn't have any claws. Oh god, I don't remember the last time I did this. With much effort he succeeded in latching himself onto the body of the tree but that's it. He was unsure what to do next.

“ 'sashi-chan can do it ! Fight ! Fight ! Fight ! Fight ! Fight ! Fight ! Fight—”

“ Of course I can. What're you talking !” He chuckled nervously but the situation was not laughable at all. He managed to climb halfway there and lost his step plenty of times before reaching Kotei. Panting crazily he sat down on the branch letting out a huff.

“ 'sashi-chan !” Kotei cheered running onto his lap to hug him and almost pushing him off the support.

“ Woah ! Slow, Kotei, slow.” He sighed wrapping his arms around her tiny frame. He looked down and cursed under his breath discovering the height they've acquired. How am I supposed to get down ? “ Kotei, what should we do ? I don't think I can climb down by myself.”

“ Why did 'sashi-chan climb up then ?”

“ To save you, of course.”

She pursed her lips not understanding. If all he had to do was climb up and get stuck with her, he could've just called someone or brought a ladder or something.“ Oh no, 'sashi is a big fool!”

“ Don't call me a fool, stupid !”

“ SOMEONE HELP ! HELLO ! SOMEONE !”

Kinoshita gave her a poor glance knowing all her efforts were going in vain. And then Kotei did something weird. She bit her hand.“ What're you doing ?”

“ Kotei's gonna turn a Titan and escape,” she said in a serious tone.

“ Don't do that. You're just hurting yourself,” he muttered pulling her hand away from her mouth.

“ Boo~sashi’s no fun.”

He gazed below them. Heedlessly, his hands roamed through his pockets in reflex and he felt like slapping himself for his stupidity. Of course he had his phone all this time ! Smiling nervously he tapped on Kotei's shoulder and showed her the device.

“ Phone ! Call ! Call ! Call !”

“ Don't jump, child ! You're gonna give me heart attack !”

He proceeded to steady her but the light tremor shook his hand and not having a tight grip, the mobile slid off his hand, dropping to the ground with a ‘clack’. “ Oh, god, no ! My baby !”