Chapter 6

She had never noticed how uncomfortable the chair in Professor Weasley's office was, awkwardly sitting in front of a large wooden desk. She tried her best not to look too suspicious as the Deputy Headmistress shuffled through a pile of papers, shaking her head. Clearing her throat, the Woman finally looked up to (C/N) uneasiness in her eyes.

"Miss (C/L) I-I" She seemed to struggle with her words pushing her glasses further up her nose biting her lip in worry

With an uncertain voice, she spoke once more, "As you have just discovered from our Headmaster, we have quite the serious case on our hands. The use of Unforgivable Curses is as the name states Unforgivable and whoever uses these curses must be punished." Sitting up in her chair, she looked at (C/N) with a stern face,

"I'll just get straight to the subject... no point beating around the bush. With, what all that happened last year I would... Understand why you had the need to use or ask someone to use one of those curses. It will be better for you and every student here if you would just, hand- ahem hand yourself in." Weasley sighed, finally finished speaking, seeming hurt of the thought of her dear Student using one of these curses.

The accused witch sat there, trying her absolute best not to seem a tad bit suspicious, suppressing any emotion she felt on this topic.

"I understand your concerns, professor Weasley, but I assure you I have not used one of these curses or seen them used by any of my colleges. If I did come across them, you will be the first I tell" Sounding as professional as possible, she made sure Weasley would believe her lies.

Looking her student up and down, she searched for any signs of panic or suspicion in their body language. Taking in a deep sigh, Weasley's eyes looked sadly onto the papers on her desk, tapping her foot rhythmically.

"How has Sallow been doing?" Weasley suddenly changed the topic, squinting her eyes at her stiff sitting Student. Her eyes still analysing her every move.

Taken aback from Weasley's question, (C/N) needed a second to get her thoughts in order. She had to be very careful of every word. They must know about his uncle... but nothing about his death, as Sebastian still roamed around Hogwarts freely. And since Sebastian was her friend, (C/N) would certainly know about his death as well.

Forming a little script in her mind, she felt prepared to answer Weasley's question. "From what I have observed, Sebastian is doing quite well. As you have probably heard from Professor Fig, Sebastian had been staying with me and Ominis in a little Cottage over summer holiday. I have also been informed of the tragic, unfortunate passing of his uncle and Ann being sent to a new home. More I do not know on the subject... you have my word." (C/N) tried her darnedest not to stutter on the last few words as she lied to their Deputy Headmistress once more.

Breathing in deeply, Professor Weasley leaned back in her chair, avoiding (C/N)'s gaze. "That calms my worries. I am glad you've found such a strong friendship in Sallow and Gaunt. It is a very nice sight to see you enjoying your time after everything fate put you through last year. But," Weasley's eyes finally met (C/N) once more, "You do not have to sacrifice your morals for your relationships. Please, if you ever feel like you need to confess something, come straight to my office."

Clutching her skirt as tightly as she could, (C/N) tried her best not to show any reaction to Weasley's statement, answering her in a clear voice, "Will do Professor. It's nice to know I have someone to talk to if needed."

Professor Weasley observed the Witch closely, an unsatisfied look on her face. There was no doubt that she had expected more from (C/N). Taking a deep breath, Weasley spoke once more, "Very well, miss (C/L). I'm sorry for stealing your time. You may leave," signalling towards the door she closely watched (C/N) slowly get up to leave, "But please remember what we discussed here today, come to me the moment you hear of anything." She added before looking away from her Student and back at the papers before her.