Maria & Tony

*third person pov*

*don't play the song till told to.*

y/n looked at the two lovers on the fire escape, holding each other in their arms. they then shared a sweet kiss, much to her disliking. but she noticed the look in maria's eyes, and she saw just how much love they had for each other.

tony the said goodnight to the girl and began climbing down the fire escape. once he was back on the ground, y/n was smiling giddily at him. "what.'' he asked. ''nothing.'' she replied, "just happy my best friend finally found a girl.....what was her name again?''

*play the song now*

tony whispered, "maria,'' "the most beautiful sound I ever heard. maria, maria, maria, all the beautiful sounds of the world in a single word. ..maria, maria, maria, MARIA, I just met a girl named maria and suddenly that name will never be the same to me. Maria, I've just kissed a girl named Maria, and suddenly I've found, how wonderful a sound can be. Maria, say it loud and there's music playing. say it soft and it's almost like praying. Maria, I'll never stop saying maria! maria, maria, MARIA, Maria! say It loud and there's music playing say it soft and it's almost like praying. I'll never stop saying maria.''

*stop playing the song*

y/n's mouth was wide open. "wow. you really love her, don't you?'' he nodded. "yeah, I do.'' "well then it's my job to make sure this relationship doesn't die.'' y/n said with a straight face. tony smiled at her. "thank you.'' "for what?'' she asked. ''for being there for me when nobody else was, for being my friend, and for just being your badass, kind, and incredible self.'' y/n sniffled. "Jesus Christ dude, you're gonna make my mascara run.'' the two began to walk back to Doc's. as soon as they got to the front of the shop, tony turned and looked at y/n. ''hey.'' he asked. "what.'' she replied. "I gotta ask you something. can you talk to Riff and tell him to call off the rumble.'' y/n looked at tony like he was insane. "what do you mean call it off? this is our chance to claim back our territory and you want us to call the whole goddamn thing off? like it doesn't matter to us at all? after every fight and everything we jets have lost, this is our one chance to take it all back before the sharks snuff us out once and for all. '' tony looked at her with a pleading face, "just..talk to him, please y/n, I don't want anyone else to get hurt, okay?'' y/n sighed with a look of disgust. "no, this is your problem so YOU talk to him.'' tony took a deep breath, "fine. but you can not tell him 'bout maria and me, got it?'' she nodded before turning on her heel and walking away. 

once she was at her apartment door, y/n opened it, walked through, went to her bedroom, sat on her bed, and went into a thoughtless sleep, ready to rumble.