The Jets.

*third person pov*

*play the song soon, not yet.*

it was the day before the rumble, riff and y/n were busy rounding up the jets to prepare. ''we need to be ready for this. the sharks will be coming with everything they got. so we gotta bring heat, lots of heat.'' mouthpiece turned and looked at y/n, "ya think we got heat, all we got are pipes and knives, nothin' else.'' riff walked over to the two and smirked, "you want some heat? how 'bout this..." and he pulled a gun out of his pocket. y/n's mouth was wide open. "why'd you buy that Riff, that's not what we fuckin' agreed on!'' she shouted. riff smirked, "oh girlie-girl, you are really stupid, you know that right?'' y/n scoffed. "oh, I'm the stupid one? you went out and bought a goddamn gun for a rumble we didn't even need to go to!" riff's smirk still remained on his face. "well, we jets do stupid things, don't we , boys?'' he said, looking at all of them. "because....."

*play the song now*

"when you're a jet, you're a jet all the way from your first cigarette to your last dyin' day. when you're a jet, if the spit hits the fan, you've got brothers around, you're a family man. you're never alone, you're never disconnected. you're home with your own, when company's expected, you're well protected. Then you are set with a capital J, which you'll never forget till they cart you away, when you're a jet, you, stay, a, JET!!"

(blah blah blah, boring dialogue.)

" when you're a jet, you're the top cat in town, you're the gold medal kid with the heavyweight crown. when you're a jet, you're the swingest' thing, little boy, you're a man, little man you're a king. the jets are in gear, our cylinders are clickin', The Sharks'll steer clear, 'cause every puerto rican's a lousy chicken. here come the jets like a bat outta' hell, someone gets in our way, someone don't feel so well. here come the jets, little world step aside, better go underground, better run, better hide. We're drawin' the line, so keep your noses hidden, we're hanging a sign, says Vistors Forbidden. And we ain't kiddin, here come the jets, Yeah, and we're gonna beat every last buggin' gang on the whole buggin' street. on the whole, ever, mother, lovin', STREET..... YEAH!"

*stop playing song*

y/n looked at all the jets, who she followed during their loud anthem, to a large pile of trash where they were standing on. "you still haven't convinced me riff.'' he turned and looked at her. "well. if that hasn't convinced you....maybe this will." he then slipped the gun into y/n's shirt pocket, slyly smiling as he did so. y/n looked at him with a surprised look on her features.

"well....................fine, but you have to promise to not get killed." riff nodded. he then shouted as she walked away, "Tony's gonna be there too. so, we'll have all of us together again."

y/n softly smiled at the thought of tony, yelling back, "great, see you there daddy-o.''

when she got to her apartment, she faceplanted onto the bed and fell into a dream-filled sleep.

(timeskip to the morning of the rumble.)

the next morning, she went to Maria's to warn her of the upcoming rumble. "WHAT DO YOU MEAN HE HAS A GUN?!'' her shout was so loud, even russia could hear it. "please don't be mad 'ria, riff can't be stopped. once he sets his mind to something, he goes all in. please, you have to listen to me." maria shook her head in dismay. "you are so stubborn, trusting a jet. you have lost your mind y/n." y/n scowled as she headed for the door. ''I haven't lost my mind, I'm pretty sure I found it.'' and with that, she slammed the door and walked away with a tear-stained face.