I Give it a Week 💀/🥺

Andy sat at the kitchen table of his parents home, running his finger over the edge of his mug of coffee as he listened to his mom talk about her day.

The album was pretty much done, so there was no point in staying in LA any longer. He was happy to be back home with his family and away from that city for a bit until he would have to go back to start all the business side of things to prep for the release of his next record. Andy was just glad he had time out of LA... and away from certain people.

Andy couldn't bear to run into Jake again. He needed to stay away, he needed to recuperate from their chat in the coffee shop for a few days- or years-.

Jake's words echoed in his head as he replayed their conversation over and over and over again. Trying desperately to decipher each sentence, digging through the recesses of his mind to try and remember how to read Jake.

He wished he had asked Jake more questions about his album, he wished he had pressed to see the older man's thoughts on every song.

Andy was so proud of the Shadow Side, he really was, but the memories of how dark life was for him during that time made his stomach turn. He didn't blame Jake for all of that though. Everything just happened all at once, and Andy felt like he had been drowning. Every time he came up for air, another wave would crash down, and send him right back under the surface.

Life had been... shitty, to put it lightly, but things got better. He got sober, he figured out healthy ways to deal with his anxiety, depression and OCD, he went on amazing tours, and he got out of LA.

There was just one thing that Andy had wanted more than anything, but knew he would never get.

"-Andy?" The singer jumped, looking up at his mother, who was staring at him in concern.

"Everything okay, sweetheart?" Amy asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just zoned out." Andy replied, taking a sip of his coffee.

"Really." Chris said doubtfully from where he stood next to the coffee maker, pouring himself a cup.

"I just have a lot on my mind." Andy said with a shrug, knowing that there was no point in trying to lie to his parents. They could read him like a book.

"What's on your mind?" Amy asked.

The singer chewed on the inside of his cheek before he sighed. "I saw Jake." He said.

Amy and Chris shared a glance. Amy's eyebrows raised up as Chris' eyes widened slightly.

"Oh?" Chris said, unsure of what to say to that.

"Yeah." Andy sighed, running a hand down his face.

Amy tried to think of something to say. Was it a good thing that Andy had seen his ex or a bad thing? "How are you feeling about that?" She decided to ask.

"I-." Andy started, but paused for a moment. He didn't really know how to answer that question. "I don't really know. We ran into each other a couple of times, and the last time we ended up talking, and... I don't know." He sighed.

Amy reached over, resting her hand on top of Andy's. "What did you two talk about?" She asked gently.

"He listened to the Shadow Side recently." Andy said.

Chris winced at this, earning a glare from Amy and a chuckle from their son. "Sorry, I just know what some of those songs are about so..." Chris trailed off with an apologetic smile.

"No that's fair, I was sweating bullets when he told me he had listened to it." Andy admitted amusedly.

"What did he say about it?" His dad asked curiously.