Chapter 5~~~WEEKEND

By Saturday, the swelling had gone down but a bruise could still be seen; forming somewhat of a black eye, which wasn't any better by the way.

I had a ton of homework which I should have done yesterday but I didn't and before you judge me, I have a good reason. There was light and 'Sir' wasn't home; could finally catch up on all my shows on tv. But now I paid for it.

"Mommy! I'm going to Chisom's!" I yelled, half way through the door.

"Can I come?" It was Nnenna.

"No! You'd distract us, we have a lot of work to do. Just do your homework here."

"But I don't understand it" she said, pouting.

"Ehn, wait for me to come back, I'd explain." I said, out of the house now and making my way to Chisom's.

Chisom was an only child. Her mom owned 'Chibees' a famous bakery and her dad...
What did he do again?
Point is, they have money and not a lot mouths to feed.

Most feel good to be born with a silver spoon. I don't even know if I was born with a spoon be it wooden or plastic; probably eat with my hands.

"BANG BANG"

I knocked on their small gate. It took a while before Chisom let me in.

Her earpiece in her ear, blasting One direction's 'Best song ever'. It was so loud, I could hear it.

"Your eye looks better!" She yelled.

I pulled the earpiece out of her ears and gave her a look.

"What???" She asked confused.

"You were shouting" I said, as we started for her house.

It wasn't anything fancy. White three bedroom flat with a large sitting area and a nice dinning. Comfortable.

I plopped into one of the stuffed sofa and let my bag hit the tiled floor.

"So which have you started?" She asked me.

"None" I replied. "Spent my Friday watching tv."

She laughed. "Me too!" She said before we busied down.

Not less than twenty minutes of brain-wrecking maths later, Chisom started with her gist.

"Hmm! I heard that Mimi finally broke up with Femi!" She announced and started laughing.

How ironic.

Miracle Ochulor, fine, fair and intelligent, literally the queen bee, had been dating Femi the all-round fine, athletic Yoruba playboy since our JSS2. They've been together for three years now.

"Wonder why they aren't married." I thought.

"I didn't see that coming." I said, honestly.

"Neither did Femi, apparently." Chisom said still laughing.
"You should see him these days, just moping up and down school."

"The playboy has lost his game." I said and we both burst into a fit of laughter.

"Ha! But Mimi no try oh! See me thinking they'd even graduate and enter the same uni oh! Omo three years down the drain." Chisom said, finally calming down.

"Ehn, that one is sha not our business. Wetin concern us?" I said, flipping through my math textbook.

"Hmm! I've not even said the best part. There are rumors that Mimi broke up with him cause of Seth!" Chisom said, like she had literally dropped a bomb.

"Who's Seth again?" I asked, brow raised.

Chisom knew everybody and I mean everybody. She was literally my only friend and my only connection to the 'social world.'

"Ahn ahn, that black boy now. The one that just resumed." She said.

"Oh! He's not that black now." I said, coming to his defense.

"Whatever! Sha it's like Mimi don dey fall for am oh!"

"Haba, he just came last week oh. That's not enough reason to break a relationship of three years." I said.

"And I heard that the Seth sef..."

"Girls!" Mrs Michael called. "I thought you were studying."

"Doing homework mom." Chisom said.

"With your mouths?" She asked and we both kept quiet and went back to maths.

After all, all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.
I personally don't believe this saying actually. All work and no play just makes Jack a workaholic, but whatever.

Please consider a vote if you would like to see more of this book. Thanks:)