XLV • My father

Start from the beginning

"They're awfully prestigious." He grunted. "I don't think you'd like them." And they left it at that, the door towards the classroom in sight.

• • •

Aurora grinned as Fred and George goofed. The two had grown more enthusiastic and energetic as the year came closer to its end. Days passed slowly, yet the twins kept everyone amused and occupied with their shenanigans.

They had already exposed their little plan for the end of year, the prank to outdo all pranks. At first it merely filled her with dread, but it too inspired an unnecessary tinge of evil within her... she loved it.

"Rory dear." They grinned wickedly down at the girl as she feasted on the last of her breakfast. "Would you like a mint?" Their arms extended down before her, presenting a beautifully wrapped box of what she presumed were more than mints on the inside. She wasn't an idiot.

"Oh how I would love one." She giggled. She plucked a single one from the pile and held it to her lips. They watched eagerly. "What do they do?"

"They're our newest invention." George exasperated, the tone of his voice was in seller mode, as if they were advertising such a trick.

Fred's voice matched his brothers. "Twisty toads." Her mouth opened as she released a small 'ahh'. "They make your face morph into a toad." A burst of laughter shot straight from her belly, alarming those around her, unsuspecting of the explosion of giggles.

The devilish side of her came up with an idea. A part of her questioned whether or not she should suggest such wickedly whilst in the presence of Fred and George, would they appreciate the trickery if it was coming from her? Or perhaps they would worship it? She didn't know, but she really wanted to cause some chaos.

"May I have that?" She grinned, pointing to the box of which rested in Fred's hand.

• • •

Turns out Rory was overthinking. The twins honestly didn't care why she'd asked for the Twisty Toads. They just handed them off, no questions asked. She held the neatly wrapped treats in the palm of her hand. Grinning down at them she approached the class room.

She had arrived ten minutes early on purpose, no one, not even Umbridge, would be in there. She held the door slightly ajar, checking out the premises, she saw no one, which was odd, because she definitely felt eyes on her.

She was right, there were eyes on her, just from the other side of the door, Theodore watched her. He could begin to understand why she arrived early, she hated DA. Well, he knew she actually loved the class, but as long as Professor Dolores Umbridge remained teacher, she'd loath it forever.

After dropping Marrietta off to what ever class Sixth Ravenclaws we're attending, he knew he couldn't return back to the dining hall, so he took an early start to class. Conflicting emotions overwhelmed him, he didn't know whether or not it was a good thing Aurora Flores happened to have the same idea.

She edged the door closed, doing so with extreme caution as to not alarm any passer-by's. Finally the door closed with the faintest click, pleased with her achievements, she spun around.

Theodore leant on the edge of his desk, arms crossed, head tilted and fashioning his ever so handsome and iconic snide smirk. "Now what are you up to?" His smile widened.

She flinched at the sight of him. His posture was so careless, so natural, she hated how hers grew stiff. "Nothing." She murmured back at him, not enthusiastic to be in his presence. He had formed a cold and distant attitude towards her in the past month, one moment he could be so sweet and the next, he could completely one eighty and become a cruel and quiet shit.