The Arrival

The muffled sounds of people mingling and moving around could be heard from the room you and Genji were in, which was next to the main hall, where the "event" was taking place. The room was small; maybe the size of a locker room, a couple of chairs rested next to the walls and a chandelier hung from the middle of the ceiling, illuminating the room in warm light.

You were entranced with the decoration. It all seemed straight out of one of Jinora's stories. You were entranced as the reality of the situation started settling into your mind, sending shivers down your whole body. You were actually in the past.

"Do you think they'll make us perform?" You heard Genji's voice ask from behind you.

You scoffed. "Yeah, I hope they make you strip." He laughed at your indifference.

You saw the lighting change through the crack between the dooe that connected you to the main hall and the floor, people quieting down as it happened. Suddenly a loud voice spoke through the speakers.

"Good evening! And welcome all to the most grand event the United Republic of Nations has ever had the pleasure of witnessing. Tonight, you will have the honor of experiencing the extent of our Avatar's power, in this life, and... in others." The crowd exploted in cheers and hollers at the presenter's words. "Tonight we have the presence of some very special guest that have traveled from very  far to come help our very own Avatar Korra. Tonight, we oficially present to the public the very people that have protcted you in the past, and will protect you in the future!"

You were too busy listening to notice how riled up Genji was. He spoke through the crowds cheering outside. "How many do you think are here?"

You thought about it. "I doubt it'll be anyone before Aang. Maybe it's only him."

The speakers blasted out again. "And so! Without any further ado, let's welcome our very special guests."

Genji held your hand, his shaking uncontrollably. You rubbed his arm to try and ease his nerves, attempting to mask yours in the process.

"Out first guest is the hand of justice incarnate. Upbrought through difficulty in the earth kingdom, this Avatar does not think twice before stopping anyone of ill intentions. Founder of the Kyoshi warriors and Kyoshi island, as well as Ba Sing Se's very own Dai Li, let's give a warm welcome to Avatar Kyoshi!"

the crowd exploted in cheers. You heard the sound of rocks cracking and breaking. "Huh, I g-guess we are performing Genj." You muttered, earning a shaky sigh from him.

"Next up, we have the Avatar whose wisdom served as a guide for future generations of both Avatars and civilians alike. A Fire Nation noble that protected people of all races, leaving the name of his Nation on a high pedestal. Give it up for Avatar Roku!"

A shiver traveled down your spine as you heard his name. Flashbacks of your visions of him came flooding into your mind through the muffled cheers. your heart stopped as you heard the sound of fire blasting from outside. You had the hope that they weren't gonna make you bend.

"Now, this next Avatar needs no introduction. He stopped the 100 year war and founded this great nation. Live in front of you ladies and gentleman is the Last Airbender, so put your hands together for Avatar Aang!"

The crowd cheered a little lowder than before, if that was even possible. You heard air whooshing around. 

"Next up, straight from the Southern Water Tribe, we have the Avatar that has bowed to protect us in the most important time of all. The present. You know her, you love her. It's your Avatar Korra!"

Genji whisper shouted through the screams of the people and the sound of water bending. "Fuck! I'm next. What if they don't cheer for me?"

You held onto his arm. "I will cheer for you, along with everyone else in that room. You're gonna kill it." He looked back at you with a soft smile on his face.

"And now, ladies and Gentleman, for the first time in history, we present to you the history that we have not yet written. Our next Avatar is the sucessor of Korra. An earth bender with a soul of fire, and a heart of gold. He will fight tirelessly to protect the world of our next generation. Let's welcome to the stage...Avatar Genji!"

Genji hesitated before walking out. You put your hands on his shoulders and gave him a small push onto the stage as the crowd cheered for him in ecstasy. You peeked through the door to try and see what he was doing, but instead you saw an Air monk stand in front of the door. Blocking your view. You heard the sound of earth being lifted up and broken in half,, in a style that was so particular to Genji. 

The anxiety kicked in eve before you were announced. "And now, the final guest of the night. This avatar has managed to become an icon, even in a time that is not hers. But, come on. Does it come as a surprise? There's no way to ignore her...fire."

The crowd cheered when he said that. Icon? What did he mean?

"You've seen her fight right next to her army like she's a part of it, protecting them fearlessly, and bending like it's another part of her body. But, you've also seen her...party." Fuck. Jinora must've projected your life. Why didn't she leave out the night life? 

"Live tonight, it's our local Leviathan." You smiled at that last word as the crowd started to cheer. "Give it up for...Avatar Y/N!" 

The nerves disappeared as you opened the door and walked on stage, seeing Genji beaming at you. You smiled with tired eyes, moved by the screams of your name coming from the crowd. 

All of a sudden, two giant wafts of fire were blasted towards you. People gasped at the action. So this is what it is. You moved your hands gently to huddle them in front of you, shooting your head up to guide them up in the form of fire works.

the potency of your bending, mixed with your nonchalant attitude made people go crazy. It truly was a sight to see. Pople threw flowers at you as they screamed your name in euphoria.

"You bitch, why are they cheering more for you?" You heard Genji whisper next to you.

You scoffed. "You know what they say about fire." He turned to look at you as you grabbed his hand. "It's hot."

Genji let out a laugh as you lifted his hand along with yours to the crowds of people standing from their seats to cheer for you.

The announcer stood next to Genji. "Ladies and gentlemen, the Avatars of the future!"