Chapter Fifteen

Keagan

Just as I feel myself about to celebrate at the silence that lingers in the room between Kasia and I, she ruins it by pushing herself up off the bed and opening her mouth.

"Congrats, you're all even now." she says.

I roll my eyes, watching as she strides around the bed to the other side of the room, disappearing into the connected bathroom out of my sight. I can still hear her shuffling around in there though and call out to her.

"What are you talking about?" I ask.

From inside the bathroom, Kasia yells at me. "High score was three. Though, Henry gave them all to me in one night. I suppose that awards him some extra points."

I run my hands over my face, staring up at the ceiling of her bedroom. "I actually can't stand you."

I hear Kasia chuckle to herself and push myself up from the bed, scanning the floor for my clothes and slipping them on one by one. After a moment, Kasia emerges from the bathroom, throwing a large shirt over her head and pulling her hair out from underneath the collar once it hangs down over her body. Her eyes meet mine and she watches me slip my pants over my legs, zipping and buttoning them up.

"Are you coming to the game tomorrow night?" I ask.

"I might." Kasia says, smiling. "Why?"

"Just wondering. We'll all be there." I shrug.

"I figured you would be." she says with a smile.

"Yeah, I guess that was obvious." I say, managing a laugh while I run a hand through my hair. "But still..."

Kasia raises her eyebrows. "Trying to entice me, Keagan?"

I throw my shirt over my head and shrug my shoulders again as I pull the shirt down my body.

"I might be." I confess.

"What do you think is going to happen if I come to the game? I'll see you guys play and swoon? That they'll have to carry me off the field?" she says, laughing to herself.

I shake my head. "No, but I'm sure you'll be happy that you came."

Kasia snorts, raising her eyebrows. "I'm always happy that I came."

"Alright smart ass," I say, fixing my clothes and hair quickly. "Since you like bets so much, how about I make one with you right now?"

Kasia's smile fades and I watch as she grits her teeth. I cross the room to where she is standing with her arms crossed across her chest.

"I'm going to bet that you will be at the game tomorrow and when it's over you're going to come see me and my friends."

Kasia scoffs. "That's quite presumptuous,"

"I don't think it is. I don't think you'll be able to resist. By the end of the night, you're going to be begging for at least one of us... if not all three of us."

I step closer so that she has to look up at me to see my face, leaning in so my lips are only inches from hers. Kasia's lips part, her eyes skimming over my features. She looks like she wants to retort with a quick comment but can't seem to get anything out.

"What do you say?" I ask, smiling. "Wanna take on that bet?"

I don't wait to hear Kasia's response. I just smile, stepping back from her and grabbing my jacket off the floor. I walk out of her bedroom towards the front door, closing it tightly behind me and leaving for practice to get ready for the game tomorrow.