"No, not at all. You won't go alone again." He retorted firmly ending the topic.

"Okay." He sighed understanding Shane's concern.

● ● ● ● ●

A few hours had passed and Shane could be seen cleaning a shotgun while Alexander did the same with his magnum. Next to them was Lori, who was cutting Carl's hair, who wouldn't sit still.

"Honey if you move I'll take longer, don't move, okay?" Lori asked somewhat annoyed that her son keeps moving.

"I try." He replied vaguely.

"Well, keep trying." She retorted.

"That's nothing, you'll see when you have to shave." Shane said to Carl trying to cheer him up.

"Exactly, it's sooo boring." Alexander added dramatically.

"Yeah, it's horrible. When that day comes, you'll miss when your mom used to cut your hair." Shane said looking at Carl.

"When it happens I will believe it." He retorted without believing him.

"Hehe, I'll tell you what, just bear this with dignity and tomorrow I'll teach you something special. I'll teach you how to hunt frogs." He said trying to get him excited.

"Run while you can." Alexander said to Carl, who gave a light laugh.

"Shut up." Shane told him as he chuckled slightly.

"I already caught a frog." Carl said amused by the interaction between his brother and Shane.

Lori smiled as she listened to the conversation. She was glad that even in a world like this, her children were able to smile.

"I said frogs, plural. It's quite an art, you can't take it lightly." Shane said smugly. "It has many secrets, few know them and I want to show them to you and to your brother if he is interested." He said the last thing looking at the named with a mocking smile, since he knew that Carl would accept, and then he would want his brother to accompany them and Alexander would fulfill his brother's whim.

"Fuck you." He whispered irritably knowing what his godfather was thinking.

"I am a woman, talk to him." Lori told Carl when he turned to ask her what to do.

"Pff, it's a unique offer, friend. It won't be repeated." Shane said snorting slightly.

"With your passion for frog hunting, I'm sure you'll offer it to him until he accepts." Alexander said mockingly, earning a blank stare from Shane.

"Why do we need frogs in plural?" Carl asked confused.

"Have you ever eaten frog legs?" Shane asked.

"Eww." He replied immediately while Alexander pretended to vomit.

"They're tastyyy." Shane said animatedly.

"Agh, they're horrible." Lori contradicted.

"When the last can of beans is gone, you'll love the frog legs." He said, chuckling slightly. "I can imagine you: Shane, could I have another slice please? Just- just one more." He said trying to imitate Lori's voice as he smiles.