Chapter 2

Trigger warnings for this chapter
Nyctophobia(fear of the dark)
Graphic depictions of blood
If any of these make you uncomfortable feel free to click off

✧༺♥༻✧

Sage woke up in the guest room of the Evergreens. She yawned and sluggishly got out of bed. She headed to the kitchen and saw Abby chopping up... fruits? Vegetables? It was kinda hard to tell from where she was.

Abby noticed her and gave a her a warm smile. Sage, being the weirdo she is, tried to give a smile back and judging by Abby's face, she ultimately failed at that.

Abby laughed and shook her head, going back to chopping food. Sage looked around and sat on a chair by the table. 'Where's Sean?' She asked herself.

And as if reading her mind Abby answered, "If you're looking for Sean, he's still asleep," she tossed the unusual looking food into a bowl. "Which reminds me, could you wake him up for me?" She asked, looking at Sage directly.

"Okay..." Sage said as she got up and left the kitchen. It has been only a few days since she staying with the Evergreens and waking up Sean was not the funnest thing to do.

She sighed and opened the door to his room, hoping he would be willing wake up this time. She saw a dark figure on the bed, red liquid leaking from it, it had one eye which stared directly at her.

"Why...?" It's voice pierced her ears.

"Why did you leave me...?"

Sage's heart was beating out of her chest. Her breathing was constricted. She rubbed her eyes.

And the thing was gone, it being replaced by a sleeping Sean. It wasn't the first time Sage had seen hallucinations like this before, she seen them ever since she left Greenhill...

'It's not the time to think of that, Sage,' she told herself. 'Focus on waking up Sean.'

She walked over to his bed, "Time to wake up, Sean." ...He turned over. "Come on, Sean wake up!" Sage tried again, only a tad more aggressive.

Sean groaned, and sat up. " Can't you wait five more minutes?"

"How about you tell your Abby that?"

Sean quickly jumped out of bed, "Well what are waiting for let's go!"

Sage chuckled as they walked out the door and into the kitchen entrance.

"Finally you're awake! I thought I had to go and wake you up myself." Abby was dishing out the food.

"T-there's no need for t-that..." Sean stammered, seemingly nervous. Sage wonders what would happen if she didn't succeed in waking him up. They both took a seat and started eating, well Sean and Abby started eating. Sage just picked her food. She wasn't in the mood to eat.

The other two didn't seem to notice, as they were already talking to each other about... whatever they were talking about, they always talked about different things all the time.

---

"B-but mom, I like to sleep with the lights on..." whined the little girl to her mother. She was afraid of the dark, as a child would be.

The mother sighed, yet gave her daughter a comforting smile. She bent down and she caressed the girl's cheeks, "Honey, there's nothing to be afraid of, I can assure you that there's nothing under your bed waiting to hurt you."

"And if there is, count on your dad to beat the hell out of it!"
Enthusiastically shouted the father.

"Language!"

The girl chuckled, "It's okay mom, I won't use that word."

"I sure hope you won't," the mother kissed her daughter on her forehead. "Goodnight, my little munchkin."

"G'night mom," the girl's face shifted, "Please keep the light on..."

The mother sighed yet again, only this time she didn't give her a warm smile, she frowned. " Sure, honey."

The little girl found herself frowning too. She's such a scaredy cat, why couldn't she be more like ---- . They weren't afraid of the dark, they weren't afraid of anything!

She sighed and laid in her bed.

---

"Sage?" A snapped her out of her thoughts. She looked up and saw a pair of concerned faces. "You good?" Asked Sean. "You have eaten any of your food..."

Sage jumped, "Y-yeah, I'm not that hungry that's all..."

"Okay...." Abby didn't sound convinced, but chose not to express her concerns. "Anyway, we were going to get more food, wanna join?"

Sage nodded excitingly, she'd always liked adventures, and exploring an unknown place sounded like fun!

✧༺♥༻✧
A/N

I'm gonna be honest, I don't have an idea where this story is gonna go, I have a few chapters in my drafts that I'm not happy with... but I'm still gonna continue the story.

Thanks for reading! (Also if you liked this chapter don't forget to vote!)