27 - Apologies... And News Articles..

Start from the beginning

"Well, talking things out is always good. Most of the time, we only see the actions and not the rationality behind them. Something that would seem ridiculous to me or you might have made sense to Taehyung. I know he  loves you. won't ever believe he would hurt you intentionally. "

Jungkook let his mind wonder. Yes, Taehyung loves him, there's no doubt about it. And Jungkook loves him too, so very much. But will love be enough?

________________________________

Jungkook was done for the day, almost out of his trailer to go back home, when his phone rang. An annoyed groan left his mouth when he saw the caller ID but he didn't have any choice other than answering it. God knows that this particular pest will not stop until he gets what he wants. 

"What the hell do you want, Kai?" Jungkook tried to tone down his annoyance but wasn't sure how successful it seemed. "I thought I told you not to call me ever again."

A chuckle could be heard from the other end. "Awww.. is that any way to talk to your big brother?"

"You're no brother of mine." Jungkook gritted through the phone. "You're nothing but a parasite that suckes blood out of other people."

"Yeah, well, this parasite got to live too. I heard you landed a big drama role. Your bank account won't even register the crumbs you throw my way."

"Money?! You're after money again?! I told you that the last time was it. I won't entertain your bullshit anymore. Don't call me again! Ever!!"

Jungkook's finger was almost touching the cut button when the person on the other end spoke up in an urgent tone. 

"You'll definitely regret it, if you cut my call now."

Jungkook pulled the phone near his ear again and hissed. "You're threatening me?!"

"Of course not. Let's just say I have some  valuable information that you might find interesting¹. And advice such as what will happen if you don't listen to me."

"Listen-"

"-You see, I saw Kwang the other day. You remember him? He was your friend in high-school right? Charming fella."

Jungkook suddenly felt a shiver go through his body. Something about the matter-of-fact tone Kai was having sounded dangerous. Kwang was his friend, a very close one. There aren't any skeletons in Jungkook's high-school closet but you could never know. Specially when it comes to an asshole like Kai.

"Kai, I swear to god-"

"-And he really has very loose lips when he has a few drinks in his belly. He told me something rather interesting about you."

Jungkook held his breath, waiting for whatever hell that's about to fall on him. Kai seemed to be waiting for Jungkook to snap back and found it very amusing when he didn't.

"Awww… won't you ask me what it is? No worries, I'll tell you. How about you come see me right now? We can discuss it in detail."

Jungkook took a deep breath to steady his voice. "And if I didn't come?"

"Well, I guess the entertainment industry would have a field day tomorrow, when they get to know that their most beloved idol bats for the same team."

________________________________

Jungkook was shaking with anger and worry, as he stepped into the dingy restaurant. He was clad in black from head to toe, with a face mask and bucket hat covering most of his face. Only his eyes could be seen. He would have covered that with sunglasses if not for the fact that it's the afternoon. Nothing getsvmore attention than a man wearing sunglasses when there is no sun.