Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone Pitch Meeting

Start from the beginning

Producer: alright I guess that's better.

Writer: so he has Harry live with an abusive family for a decade and then springs all this stuff on him when he's ten or eleven Years old.

Producer: wait and that's better?

Writer: that's what Dumbledores going with yeah, so anyway. Harry is now about to turn eleven or ten whatever I don't care anyway he starts getting these strange letters from a Wizarding school called Hogwarts but his family doesn't want him to read those letters.

Producer: oh and why not?

Writer: because they hate him so much they want him to... Stay around.... Or whatever...

Producer: wait that makes no sense at all!

Writer: anyway the uncle starts destroying the letters and they keep showing up and no one will let him read one.

Producer: it's too bad they don't have a letter that tells everything to you, that would be so much easier.

Writer: Actually, they do. They're called Howlers!

Producer: Well then why didn't they use one!?

Writer: I don't know, so the family is so mad about the letters that they run away from their house and live in a shed in the middle of the forest.

Producer: I feel like that's an overreaction!

Writer: because everytime they move Harrys bedroom they somehow know the bedroom and written it's location on the letters.

Producer: actually nevermind that is a great reaction.

Writer: anyway Hagrid shows up and tells Harry he's a wizard.

Producer: aww such a cute sweet moment.

Writer: and takes him from his family...

Producer: Very good idea, totally not illegal!

Writer: yes very, so anyway Hagrid takes Harry to get him all his stuff for Hogwarts, and he gets an owl named Hedwig.

Producer: aww that's cute!

Writer: yeah he is but don't get too attached!

Producer: wait what?

Writer: What?!!! So anyway, he also goes to a place called Olivanders, which is a store that makes and sells wands. And completely wrecks the place!

Producer: does he get in trouble?

Writer: no that's just this guy's way of selling wands, just letting children destroy his shop until they find a wand that works.

Producer: very normal and totally not concerning business strategy.

Writer: of course, so anyway he eventually gets on the train to Hogwarts by running through a magical brick wall.

Producer: ah yes I remember going to school everyday... Running through a brick wall to get on the train.

Writer: anyway he meets a kid named Ron Weasley and he's a redhead.

Producer: alright so normal friendly redhead kid, nice!

Writer: and he has a pet rat on his lap just sitting there.

Producer: oh what? Eww Why....

Writer: It sounds weird and gross. But in a later book we find out that the rat is actually a middle aged man named Peter Pettigrew!

Producer: That somehow made it way worse!

Writer: oh yeah I guess that does make it worse. Anyway, it turns out Ron is poor so Harry buys all the candy off of the cart for just the two of them.