↳ DELETED SCENES

Start from the beginning

Edmund and Susan followed after the other two siblings. Lucy looked around, searching for her mother. She felt the tears well in her eyes when they still hadn't found her. The four children reached the back of the crowd, looking around the train station in a huddle. Lucy looked around once more, attempting to look around the people that were walking past.

As a gap between the passing people appeared, Lucy noticed. She felt a smile creep up on her face. "Mummy!" She shouted, letting go of Peter's hand and running towards her mother. "Lucy!" Peter shouted following after her.

Lucy ran into her mother's open arms as Helen kissed her head. "Oh, darling. I missed you so much!" Her mother whispered a tear of happiness rolling down her cheek. Peter, Susan soon came running towards the pair, relieved looks on their faces once they saw their mother and Lucy.

Helen put Lucy back down onto the floor and turned to Susan. Susan let a tear roll down her face and rushed into her mother's arms. Her mother immediately wrapped her arms around Susan, kissing her head as she did with Lucy.

Helen pulled away and looked to her eldest son. She faintly smiled, remembering what she told him before they left. She pulled him into a hug. Peter hugged her back, melting into his mother's embrace. "Thank you for keeping the others safe." She whispered. "Of course I would." Peter whispered back, pulling away and giving a small smile to his mother.

Helen returned the small smile before turning to her youngest son. Edmund immediately looked down, remembering his actions before they left a few months ago. Helen sighed before walking towards him and pulling him into a hug.

She was surprised that he didn't dodge the hug as he used to and he hugged his mother back. Helen turned towards Peter, raising her eyebrows. Peter only smirked and nodded. Helen smiled and pulled away from her son.

The children followed behind their mother, Lucy was holding her mothers hand and her elder siblings trailed behind them. They walked through the streets of London, some buildings missing from the bombings months ago. But the streets were mostly clean. They finally reached their home town, Finchley, and their mother opened the door to the small house.

It was strange being back in their house. After spending months in a huge mansion, coming back to their small house in London just didn't feel real. The children looked around at the house, memories flooding back to them.

While Helen made dinner, the children unpacked their things back into their rooms. Edmund took out the cracked picture of his father and stood looking at it. He rubbed his thumbs over the frame of the picture, smiling to himself as he remembered showing Emily the picture.

He sighed, placing the picture back on the table and heading downstairs as dinner was ready. The four siblings sat at the table with their mother, feeling unfamiliar with the feeling. They had been so used to having dinner with Emily and Mrs. Macready, it felt strange not having them eating with them.

"So, how was your last few months?" Their mother asked as she placed the last plate on the table and sat down at the head of the table. The siblings all glanced at each other. "You wouldn't believe us, if we told you, Mum." Peter began.

Their mother frowned. "Mum, it was absolutely amazing. We lived in this mansion and we all got lost all the time. And we met this girl who's our age and lives there as a family friend. Mum, you would love her! She's amazing." Lucy explained quickly. "Well, I'd love to meet her at some point." Helen smiled at her youngest's outburst.

"And I'm sure you will.." Peter muttered under his breath, looking down at his plate and glancing towards Edmund. Susan had overheard his words and snickered at them, realising the meaning to it. Edmund frowned at his two older siblings. Helen was just as confused, but thought nothing of it.

"Anything else?" Helen asked. The siblings all glanced at each other. "Mum, there was this Wardrobe and it lead to this beautiful snowy world which had been put under a curse by a horrible witch. And we all went in there and defeated the evil witch and everything went back to summer as it should have been. And at the end of it all, we became Kings and Queens and ruled the land for 15 years. It was amazing." Lucy blurted out, not thinking.

"Sounds like you had an interesting dream, Lucy." Helen acknowledged. "Mum, it wasn't a dream." Peter pointed out. Helen frowned. "We all had the same experience. We, physically went into a Wardrobe and it took us to another world." Susan added.

"Wait, if you ruled this kingdom for 15 years, why do you all still look the same as when I left you?" Helen questioned. "No time passed when we were in the wardrobe. It was as if the time in this world paused as we lived a different life in the other world." Lucy explained.

Helen dropped her cutlery, processing all the information that her children had given her. The children glanced at each other, hoping their mother wouldn't think their crazy. Helen sighed before turning her attention back to her children who were all looking at their mother with worried looks.

"Have you got any more stories to tell?" Helen questioned and the children all smiled and began telling stories at the dinner table. They all spent the time exchanging stories and laughs, none of them leaving the dinner table.

"I'd love to meet this Emily of yours. She sounds truly amazing." Helen sighed after laughing so much. "Mummy, can we invite her round?" Lucy asked, her face lighting up. Helen glanced at her other children, then turned back to Lucy. "Of course you can, sweetheart."

"Thank you!!" Lucy got up and jumped into Helen's arms and hugged her. Helen chuckled as Lucy pulled away and ran upstairs to her room to write a letter. "Ed, go and help your sister." Helen motioned for him to go after his sister.

Edmund got up from the table and followed his sister up the stairs.

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷