"what's going on? why are the police here?" Wheezie asked seeing Sarah.

"Wheezie. Wheeze. Wheezie." Sarah ran over to her little sister hugging her.

"what's going on? why are the police here again?" Wheezie asked her sister.

"go inside. don't come out." Sarah says, Wheezie stayed quiet running back into the house as the Pogues ran straight towards the docks.

"dad!" Sarah yelled out to her father seeing Ward Cameron standing on the druthers along with the entire Kildare police department and Noah and Liz Lively.

"Zale, Belle-"

"now's not really the time, guys." Zale cut his parents off following his sister.

the seven walked through the officers as Shoupe gave the Pogues permission to go through.

"what are you doing here, Sarah?" Ward yelled out.

"dad! what are you doing?" Sarah yelled out in tears to her father.

"Vic, you gotta get her out of here! she can't be here right now!" Ward yelled to Shoupe.

"just come on in, and you.. you can talk to her!" Shoupe yelled.

"Sarah, i'm so sorry, baby. i can't!"

"what are you doing? dad, no, no, no!"

Belle gripped onto her brothers arm looking at him, more sirens were heard from the water as multiple boats starting getting closer to the druthers, Sarah continued to yell at her father begging him to not leave along with Shoupe.

after a few seconds of silence, the druthers exploded making everyone jump back, JJ pulled Belle towards him leaving everyone on the docks in shock, Sarah's cries were the only thing that was heard. John B looked at his friends as Belle's and Kie's eyes watered hearing their best friends cries.

__

"he deserved it, right?" JJ asked his friends while fishing.

"are you joking? of course he deserved it." Kiara tells him.

"fuck." Belle ran her hands over her face sitting down on the dock swinging her legs back and forth.

"never seen anyone blow themselves up like that." Pope says.

"cross that one off the bucket list." JJ said.

"JJ!" Kie scolded the blonde.

"sucks for Sarah."

Kiara walked down to the HMS sitting besides John B rubbing his back, "are you okay?"

"it's not me i'm worried about." John B said knowing he was worried about Sarah.

hours passed and it was now dark and the Pogues headed off to do their own thing. Belle was in her bed reading a book but shut it looking out her window seeing John B and Pope on the HMS, she reached for her hoodie slipping it over putting her sandals on joining the boys on the boat.

"Bells!" Pope smiled seeing his best friend, she smiled laying between the two boys linking her arm with Pope's.

"hey, guys." she whispered looking up at the stars.

"i don't get it. i don't." John B says thinking about his breakup with Sarah.

Pope sighed, "love is five minutes of pleasure for a lifetime of pain."

"that was deep." Belle says resting her head on his shoulder.

"wow. so okay, you and Kie. what's going on? talk to me. you're next because i know something's up." John B leaned up looking at Belle.

Pope sat up as well sniffling and wiping his eyes, "well.. she just wants to be friends."

"death blow," John B sighed, "i'm sorry, man."

"i.. i didn't even see it coming." Pope said.

"everything okay with you? don't lie to me." John B poked Belle's nose making her tilt her head away.

"i'm okay. just a lot going on." Belle shrugged her shoulders sitting up rubbing her face.

John B knew Belle wasn't telling the truth, he knew something was bothering her. always had known. for as along as John B had known Belle he'd knew the silence from her was when she was upset and would stay like that until she was ready to talk about whatever was bothering her. JJ hadn't mentioned anything to his best friend about what was going on between the two, but he hoped they would fix what was happening with them. John B always wanted JJ and Belle to be happy together. the day he had found out about them finally being together after years of liking each other he was ecstatic for his best friends.

"well, little lady, just remember i'm here okay? both Pope and i, even Kie." John B laid on his side looking at his friend.

"i know. thank you." Belle smiled at him as John B opened his arms.

"Pope, push her in for a group hug before she runs away." John B quickly said making Belle jump up.

"no, no, no, last group hug i was pushed in i broke my finger." Belle started to stand up but Pope pulled her back down hugging her tightly as John B joined the hug.

"that was by accident and you know it!" John B laughed.

"hot potato, hot potato, hot potato two- you guys are doing a group hug with out us?" JJ walked over throwing beers at him which neither of the three caught.

"i didn't want a group hug." Belle sticks her head out making Kie laugh.

"impressive catch." Kie clapped while Belle escaped the hug grabbing a beer from the ground opening it.

"i need another one!" John B stood up holding his hands out.

"one, two, one, two, alright i'll take that." JJ said throwing more beers. "what are you guys doing down here? having a good cry?"

"cry?" Pope asked.

"cry? what are you talking- we don't cry." John B says.

"they're sobbing their eyes out." Belle teased her friends taking a sip of her beer making the two look at her, "that's what y'all get for pushing me into the group hug." she smiled at the boys.

"you know it's not your fault, right?" Kie told John B.

"you think she'll come around?" John B asked.

"yeah, dude. she's one of us."

John B hummed scratching his head, "Sarah's a Pogue. she'll come around. yep. you know, she'll come back to me. right. you know, i was just thinking about it. i'm gonna do a backflip." he said turning to his friends.

"you're lying." Kie pointed at him.

"you won't." JJ and Belle said at the same time.

"i won't do it?" John B asked the two.

"if i had money i'd totally bet that you won't." Kie tells him.

"hold my beer that you already dropped." John B told Belle and Pope who didn't even catch his drink.

"you didn't tell us to catch it." Belle shook her head chuckling.

"i wanna see you do it!"

John B did a backflip as the other four Pogues cheered him on, Belle laughed running onto the dock towards Kie holding her hand out for the joint which Kie handed to her as Belle inhaled the joint. no matter how much was happening in the small town, these were the little moments Belle enjoyed with her friends.