•8•

The duo headed towards l'Hotel de Beauvais, Madeline couldn't but to smile a bit as they ran the streets. "It's like we are children again." Madeline said. Arno slightly chuckled. "That vivid way of putting it." Arno said as they climbed up a building. 

"Oh do be serious, don't tell you forgot?" Madeline questioned him. "No...no, it's just things are different." Arno said. "Indeed, we both ended up becoming assassins, while Elise is a templar...but I don't look at her any different, but the title, it's what tore the Kenway name, my father would've been better off taking after my grandfather but he took after the man who ended my grandfather's life." Madeline said. "Do you think Elise knows I don't hate her?" Madeline then questioned. "Elise would never, you two have been close since you were children." Arno said. "I think she understands why." Arno added. 

Then the duo sat on the rooftop across from the Hotel. "This is the place. What was Lafreniere so interested in?" Arno questioned. Then Madeline and Arno spotted them dragging a man. "Get him upstairs. Quickly." A guard told the men. "Odd..." Madeline said. "Ah, La touche." Madeline said. "Old friend. You do get about, don't you?" Arno questions. "You and Victoria in countered him, she said he was a coward, isn't wrong." Madeline stated.

"So shall we get in there, without attracting the guards?" Madeline asked and Arno nodded.

..............

"The Great work requites patience, my friend. If Paris must suffer a while longer so the world might be remade, then so be it." A voice said. "(Bastard)." Madeline mumbled.

"Why not just kill him and be done with it? One of my boys, a knife, a dark hallway... easy peasy."

"We want a condemned man, Captain, not a martyr. Have patience." 

"Respectfully, Grand Master, Patience is well and fine but the longer we wait, the greater the chance of discovery."

"The Assassins already found Sivert and le Roi des Thunes."

"Sivert and le Roi already served their purpose. Their destruction, while inconvenient is no obstacle and the Assassins have already proved useful when properly led." 

Arno and Madeline looked at each other before looking up.

"What about the De La Serre Brat? Not to mention Scott, They could be dangerous even together if De La Serre manages to rally the old guard." 

"That situation will be resolved." 

"How so?"

"Mademoiselle De La Serre and Even Mademoiselle Scott will soon be on their way to l'Hotel Voysin, eager to speak with Monsieur Lafreniere. Sadly, Monsieur Lafreniere has nothing left to say." 

Arno and Madeline looked at each other with worry. 

"Victoria and Elise..." Madeline and Arno said at the same time. "We need to get to Elise's place now, Damn it Victoria what did you do?" Madeline questioned.

.........

The duo charge through the door, "Elise! Elise!" Both Arno and Madeline exclaimed. "Elise?" Madeline called out. "Damn it! Where wait... l'Hotel Voysin? (Shit)." Arno said as he grabbed Madeline's hand and they ran to the Hotel.

Madeline took out the guard behind Elise. "Madeline?" Victoria and Elise questioned. "I have words for you later.." Madeline spatted at her cousin as she took out another guard. 

Elise shot the guard behind Arno. "What's going on? Where is Monsieur Lafreniere?" Elise asked. "He's dead." Arno asnwered. "What?' Elise questioned. "Go! Madeline and I will explain later!" Arno exclaimed. 

"The four of them enter the hedge maze. "No way past this one." Elise said as the guards came towards them. "Shall we?" Arno asked and Madeline threw a smoke bomb. "Let's..." Victoria said as She and Madeline took out the guards near them.

They took out all the guards, Madeline's notice Elise had a look of concern on her face. "What's wrong?" Madeline asked. "I'm.. not sure how to get out again." Elise said. "Quite a tricky mess we are in." Victoria said. "You want to tell me why you are being targeted by Templars... Not Elise but the ones that are after you both..." Madeline confront her cousin. 

"I know what happened to Danielle, why the council lied to our faces... Danielle was... assault, she's with child, well was... they haven't heard from her, but she had the baby by now." Victoria explained. 

Madeline sighed. "Damn it... Bellac. It must of happened that night she went out on mission with the moron he trusted." Madeline said, bluntly. "She told me everything was fine..." Madeline said as she then sighed.

"We can talk about Danielle later, but we need to get out of here, it's not safe for both Elise and Victoria to be out in the open." Madeline stated.   "I'll climb up and take a look." Arno stated and the three of them nodded.

While Arno did that, Madeline looked at Elise. "For what it's worth, it's great to see you again." Madeline said with a slight smile. "I too." Elise said.

...... 

Arno led them out of the maze. "There's two of them up ahead." Arno stated. "You take that one. I'll handle his friend." Elise said to Madeline. Madeline quickly took out the guard while Elise took out the other one.

"What do we do now?" Victoria asked. "There's too many of them to sneak past. We'll have to work together, take them out quietly." Arno answered.

One by one, the four of them clear out the guards silently without causing to much attention. "We're clear..." Victoria annouced. There's a bigger group coming up, though." Arno stated. "I was so afraid you would say that." Victoria answered.

.....

"They couldn't have gone far, find them!" A guard shouted. The four of them regroup. "Go on, Madeline and I'll distract them, Trust me, Meet us tomorrow at Cafe Theatre. We'll explain everything." Arno said to Elise. "Be careful heading back to the brotherhood Vic." Madeline said to her cousin and she nodded. "I may have lost one, I don't want to lose another." Madeline added. Victoria added and headed off.

"You two are mad, I'll be there." Elise said as she took off. "We may be a little late." Arno stated as they looked at the guards ahead.

.........

"Now.. that was the last of them." Madeline said as they now stood in an alley way after taking care of the guards. "You think Danielle gone?" Arno asked. Madeline looked at him, then nodded. "She should've been back by now, but the council knows something, that means they have the answers on her fate." Madeline said. "Had a worry sick." Madeline added. 

Arno couldn't help but pull her into a hug, it threw her off guard but she wrapped her arms around her. "You needed one, besides you stress too much I fear." Arno said to her. "I do... who ever her child is... I can't wait to meet them." Madeline stated. "I too." Arno said as the duo then headed to Cafe for the night.