"Is there anything you want us to help you with after your check-up?" Angeal offered.

Sara half-jokingly said, "Maybe carry me to my apartment?"

"I can do that," Genesis and Sephiroth both replied in unison.

The two glared at each other; Sara was surprised to hear two men answering at once, but seeing them looking at each other like they wanted to kill. Sara quickly talked in an attempt to ease the situation.

"I-I was only joking; I can get to my apartment alone. There's no need to worry," Sara sputtered.

But Sephiroth frowned, and Genesis crossed his arms, asking her, "You sure you don't need help?"

Sara nodded, and Genesis looked at the window next to him. From there, silence remained.

Once the chopper landed at Shinra headquarters, Sara immediately bolted out of the helicopter, not wanting to stay another minute with the others. She felt awkward the whole way after the conversation that happened. Yet, Sara couldn't understand why Genesis and Sephiroth seemed slightly disappointed. Then again, she hadn't seen them in a long time, so a lot had changed. Sara headed to her apartment to shower to feel clean and clear her thoughts.

When Sara left, the three men that got out of the helicopter were both surprised to see her gone in a flash.

"Well, so much for that," Genesis grumbled; he had hoped that he would spend some time with Sara since it had been almost a month since the last time he saw her.

"What were you hoping for?" Sephiroth questioned.

"Why do you ask?" Genesis questioned.

Sephiroth answered harshly, "As her mentor, I'm curious to know why you've taken a sudden interest in her."

"Shouldn't it be "former" mentor?" Genesis corrected, "Saraphina is no longer your pupil if I remember correctly, and what difference does it make if I have taken an interest in her?"

Sephiroth was ready to punch Genesis in the face when Angeal stepped in between the two looking at them with a scowl.

"Enough, you two!" Angeal exclaimed, "Both of you are fighting over one girl like two male dogs over a female. When both of you have forgotten one thing."

"And that is?" Genesis asked annoyingly.

"That it's up to Saraphina whom she likes," Angeal answered.

Both Sephiroth and Genesis looked at each other with dubious expressions. Seeing their faces, Angeal began to lecture them.

"Both of you have been so focused on competing against each other moments ago that you have forgotten that Saraphina has feelings too. If you want to impress her, you must win her over, and only then will she decide who she wants to go out with."

"And how are we supposed to do that?" Sephiroth asked.

"Well, the New Year's Eve Ball is coming up soon. Why not ask her to take her to the ball?" Angeal suggested.

It never occurred to Genesis or Sephiroth that the ball was coming up soon. Everyone who is invited has to wear formal attire. While the men dress in their best suits, the women wear the most dazzling dresses. Most people come to the ball in pairs, best friends coming together, or couples. If there was anything that would be embarrassing, is seeing a girl going to the ball alone.

Hearing his best friend's suggestion, Genesis smirked and began to walk off, "Well, looks like I've got to find Saraphina and ask her out to the ball."

Sephiroth only looked at Genesis coldly while walking towards the building.