Ch.3

"Look's like we made it!" Barret exclaimed.

After making it through, Sara and the others made it safely by going through the sewers and up to a nearby alleyway of Sector 8 near Sector 1.

Barret looks at his group, noticing that several of his comrades were a bit dirty and tired. He continued, "And nothing but a few scratches to show-" Suddenly, a few quakes shook the entire ally. Barret looked at Jessie, "Think you might've overdone it?"

Jessie defended herself, "I followed the instructions to the letter. Maybe it triggered a reaction with the mako?"

Barret decided not to press further and said, "Well, let's hope this city's still in one piece."

Biggs, "But the planet's what matters, right?" Then another quake shook the ally, making everyone almost losing their balance. Biggs began to doubt, "I mean, this must've helped some."

Jessie, "After all of that, it better have. Anyway, let's get going. We in Sector 8?"

Wedge replied, "That'd be just down there!"

Barret turned to Wedge, "All right, lead the way."

Wedge acknowledged, "You got it!"

Wedge began to lead the way down through the long dim tunnel. Broken pipes were all over the place, and wires were dangling down, making a few sparks. While the crew continued making down the tunnel, some of the members began to speak out.

"Phew, can't wait for a shower." Biggs sniffed his shoulder, "Definitely gonna take a long one."

"Was it the mako density?" Jessie rambled her doubts out, "The primary explosive? The blasting agent?"

Biggs turned to her, "Hey, we can figure that out later."

Wedge sighed, "Man, I'm running on empty here."

Barret, "You can refuel at the base!"

Wedge, "Next time, I'll have to bring a little pick-me-up."

Jessie had enough of the small-talk, "How much further we have to go?"

Wedge replied, "Not far!"

Just as Wedge said, the exit was not far, but a large steel door was blocking their path, and they had no security card to open it.

Jessie pulls out a bomb from her pouch, "Stand back and let me handle this."

She approached the door and began to set the bomb, and quickly moved away from the door. Then the bomb exploded, destroying the door. Biggs couldn't help but comment, "You sure told those doors."

Jessie smirked, "Let that be a lesson to anyone who stands in my way."

As everyone walked to the open, what laid before them was a scene unlike they have ever seen. Buildings were on fire, the debris even knocked over some from the reactor, smoke rising to the sky, and the sounds of sirens were going off. A loudspeaker was heard through an intercom that could be heard from miles saying.

"Attention all citizens. Attention all citizens. This is an alert from the Shinra Emergency Operations Center. Unidentified intruders have detonated a bomb inside Mako Reactor 1. Multiple explosions have been confirmed, as well as ongoing fires. In response, a disaster warning has been issued in Sectors 1 and 8. Structures in the area are at high risk of collapse, rendering the entire sector hazardous."

The announcement continues while Sara and the others look at the scene with mixed feelings.

Jessie had a look of shock, "No...No way."